Collapse
No announcement yet.

James "Tap out" Toney and the UFC made a mockery out of boxing tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. UFC takes a washed up boxer who doesn't take their sport seriously. They put him in a ring with an old guy who lays on him for 3 minutes. They make this a co-main event of a PPV and it's a mockery of boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Orale Vato View Post
      Toney sucks and was exposed. Randy would even beat him today in a boxing match.
      Not a chance. In a boxing ring, where Toney doesn't have to be worried about a take down, he would beat the hell out of Couture.

Comment

I'm pretty upset, i had a bad feeling in my stomach as soon as I saw Toney get taken down I knew it was over...he looked like a deer in the head lights, but that was expected...he had no business trying to go over there and act like he's some bad ass with no experience in other aspects of MMA besides striking

can't believe I missed Calderon/Segura for this, shame on me!

Comment

It was a UFC fight, not a realistic clash between boxing and MMA. It was akin to a washed up, fat UFC contender sparring a few rounds in the gym then jumping straight into a boxing match with Holyfield. As a sporting event it was a total joke and it really shouldn't go on Couture's record. The commentators should have been pointing this out, not lapping it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
            Hmmm. UFC takes a washed up boxer who doesn't take their sport seriously. They put him in a ring with an old guy who lays on him for 3 minutes. They make this a co-main event of a PPV and it's a mockery of boxing?
            Toney called out Couture and pretty much everyone in the UFC saying he'd knock them out. UFC and Couture just obliged.

Comment

even though dana said he loves boxing. he is probably smiling and laughing right now.

Comment

I used to be his fan but it sucks he "represented" boxing tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by MuckMuck View Post
                  Randy conceded his manhood by admitting he was not capable of standing toe-to-toe man-to-man with Toney. Instead, he went for a take down, which is the cowards way of fighting. True men fight with their hands.

come on bro, let's not be ignorant....Randy did the right thing and played by his rules, the same rules that were there for Toney....he did what came natural and executed a strategy..dumb of him it would have been to stand and brawl with a hall of fame boxer

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                    Toney called out Couture and pretty much everyone in the UFC saying he'd knock them out. UFC and Couture just obliged.
                    Who cares? They knew it was bull****. They put him in the ring because they knew he'd get his assbeat and it would sell tickets and PPV's because it'd bring up the same "MMA vs Boxing" horse crap.

If Evander Holyfield calls out some other UFC guy should UFC put him in the ring and try to sell that to their fans and the public as some type of legit "Boxing vs MMA" match?

Comment

It's pretty funny they hyped him as "THE" heavyweight right now

They even said he is one of the greatest heavyweights EVER...come on he is an ATG but at heavyweight!? GTFO

Comment

Working...
                      X