Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any non Marg supporters that would be happy if Pac lost to him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any non Marg supporters that would be happy if Pac lost to him?

I know Margarito is one of those fighters that people on here either like or they hate his guts. I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't really worship the guy even though there are other Mexican fighters I root for and get behind. But the overall topic of my thread is I don't think this is a fight Pacquiao should take if he is gonna talk Margarito into a catch weight like he did with Cotto. The only way this fight is interesting to me is if it at 154. I'd rather see this fight than a Cotto rematch, but given the fact Margarito is the under dog here and Pacquiao keeps cherry picking shot fighters, it wouldn't break my heart to see Margarito beat him. Anyone else feel the same way?

And even if Mayweather is ducking Pacquiao, that doesn't change the fact that Pacquiao literally goes out of his way to keep from cleaning out weight divisions of prime fighters and continually drains fighters down to ***** weights.

I hate his guts as you stated above, but i would love it if Pac loses to him
    I would LOVE IT IF HE BEATS HIM

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
      I know Margarito is one of those fighters that people on here either like or they hate his guts. I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't really worship the guy even though there are other Mexican fighters I root for and get behind. But the overall topic of my thread is I don't think this is a fight Pacquiao should take if he is gonna talk Margarito into a catch weight like he did with Cotto. The only way this fight is interesting to me is if it at 154. I'd rather see this fight than a Cotto rematch, but given the fact Margarito is the under dog here and Pacquiao keeps cherry picking shot fighters, it wouldn't break my heart to see Margarito beat him. Anyone else feel the same way?

And even if Mayweather is ducking Pacquiao, that doesn't change the fact that Pacquiao literally goes out of his way to keep from cleaning out weight divisions of prime fighters and continually drains fighters down to ***** weights.
      Honestly this version of Margarito is still better than any other WW not named Shane and Floyd. Shane needs a comeback fight and if Floyd vs Pac doesn't happen, regardless of the hate, Margarito is still the best option at 154. I can see anyone better than him. Dzin, Spinks, Cotto and Angulo aren't better than Tony and I favor him beating all of those with ease.

Comment

why does it need to happen at 154 tho?......

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
          why does it need to happen at 154 tho?......
          Because Margarito can't make 147 comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
            and pac can fight comfortably at 154?..........

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
              and pac can fight comfortably at 154?..........
              If a fight between the two was ever proposed the terms would be firmly in Pac's favor, that said if Manny is already asking for a catch-weight stipulation for Cotto's 154 title or not what makes you think he wouldn't do the same for Margarito?

Hell, I'll even dare to say that if there were a catch-weight between Manny and Margarito Manny would demand Tonny to go lower in weight then he would Cotto.

Comment

I'm just curious by why do people say that. I just read a few weeks back that Tony could make 147 but fought at 154 due to the time off.

Comment

If a fight between the two was ever proposed the terms would be firmly in Pac's favor, that said if Manny is already asking for a catch-weight stipulation for Cotto's 154 title or not what makes you think he wouldn't do the same for Margarito?

Hell, I'll even dare to say that if there were a catch-weight between Manny and Margarito Manny would demand Tonny to go lower in weight then he would Cotto.
                  hmmn....i guess we could say then that at 147, it would favor pac and at 154 it would favor margo........so what would be the fair weightclas?

Comment

I think Tony could probably still make 47', provided he did it the right way.

Not the way he made it for the Mosley fight which caused him to look so lackadaisical. Not to mention, that aside from Richardson making things up about his wraps before the fight, Mosley held like a ***** that night.

Comment

Working...
                    X