Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any non Marg supporters that would be happy if Pac lost to him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
    I'm just curious by why do people say that. I just read a few weeks back that Tony could make 147 but fought at 154 due to the time off.
    i dont get it myself......a long time ww champion who only fought once at 154 having problems making weight at ww.... people act like pac would be very effective going up each time even after jumping so many weightclasses........

Comment

That still wouldn't shut Cotto Stans up. Even if Margs dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
        hmmn....i guess we could say then that at 147, it would favor pac and at 154 it would favor margo........so what would be the fair weightclas?
        If Manny has his way in the negotiating table it would definitely favor Pac. At this point it's about who has the most leverage and bargaining chips and that all favors Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
          i dont get it myself......a long time ww champion who only fought once at 154 having problems making weight at ww.... people act like pac would be very effective going up each time even after jumping so many weightclasses........
          The problem with this though is the usual problem with Pac. He'll fight Cotto for a title at 54', but you want Tony at 47'.

He fought Clottey at 47', but he wanted Cotto at 45'.

etc

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy Jacky View Post
            The problem with this though is the usual problem with Pac. He'll fight Cotto for a title at 54', but you want Tony at 47'.

etc
            But he's still asking for a catch-weight with Cotto at 154.

Comment

[

etc
              he wants another catch-weight fight with cotto for the 154 title. as far as clottey goes he knew that he stuggled to make 147 so bringing him down anymore wouldnt be necessary
              Last edited by ny123; 07-10-2010, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                he wants another catch-weight fight with cotto for the 154 title. as far as clottey goes he knew that he stuggled to make 147 so bringing him down anymore wouldnt be necessary
                I gotta admit. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Can't get behind anymore catchweights for this cat.

Comment

etc
                  Honestly the only reason he is fighting Cotto at 154 is because he has a title there. If Tony had a title at 154, the fight would be there also. FWIW Tony is willing to come to 147 to fight Manny so I think it's really a non-issue, especially since he is a career WW. I never got the memo that Tony was at 154 full time now and I only thought he fought there because he was out for so long.

Comment

etc
                    so what would be the fair weighclass for this then?

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                      this is cotto's 2nd weighclass, and it would be pac's 8th......cotto has every right to say no.....

Comment

Working...
                      X