Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing vs MMA.... MMA is growing GLOBALLY. Boxing ain't!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
    Boxing isnt just big in the US. It's HUGE in Germany and has been for a long time, Along with the U.K and Mexico. MMA is getting bigger globally but outside America and Japan it's still not a big deal quite like boxing.

MMA will continue to grow but I dont see it ever taking over boxing. There is just more demand for our sport, Alot of people look at MMA as kind of glorified street fighting. Boxing is an art, There has never been guys in MMA as big as Muhammad Ali or Floyd Mayweather. Because nobody has mastered MMA, Which leaves you to question how skilled those guys really are.
    Excellent post, there are no MMA fighters that have mastered all aspects of the game, or who even come close to the skill of boxers, It is become more popular because of its explosiveness and as the TS said, its marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      lol i wont be suprised if ufc is paying cable companies to ignore boxing.
      But i thought lucian bute was a superstar in canada?I saw that dude
      lemieux last fight on espn,And became a fan.He's already doing ppv?WTF
      Bute is a superstar in Montreal. The rest of Canada does'nt know who the **** he is. They never gave the guy any exposure here at all. His fights were never televised here. Then when he won the title they started putting on frech PPV's of his fights. For one they only speak french in Montreal and the rest of Canada does'nt know who he is. So why would anyone order it? And nobody does buy it.

Comment

There's room for both MMA and Boxing to exsist at the same time tbh

Comment

Originally posted by why-o-why View Post
          Yes for the moment boxing does bigger PPV numbers. But the problem with boxing is that it seems to have stagnated in it's global growth.

I'm from Australia and trust me. EVERY YOUNG KID is taking up MMA or talking about MMA.

It has been marketed very very well and hence is drawing the younger generation towards it. It's the 'hip' thing to do right now.

People in America or other older boxing nations probably don't see the spread of MMA as boxing has a strong foundation in them countries. But if you look at countries without a boxing history. 100% guaranteed MMA is ruling supreme in them countries. Boxing is almost dead here in Australia.

You won't find a person let's say under the age of 20 even talk about boxing or know who the fk majority of these boxers are. Hell there ain't even that many boxing gyms here in Sydney. But if you goto a regular gym and walk into the kickboxing rooms. EVERYONE is practicing MMA. Rarely will you find kids boxing.

I think give maby 10 more years. MMA is gona have a big big big stronghold in countries without a boxing history.

The way UFC markets MMA is brilliant. They ACTUALLY take the show to different countries. We just had some UFC here this year and it sold out in like 30mins. That's like as quick as a U2 concert selling out.

I mean seriously. When was the last time a big fight was held OUTSIDE USA??? I don't know how they can expect the sport to grow if all they wana do is hold every fight in Vegas??

Fad, bunch of bandwagon jumpers, the only reason it is doing this well is because Dana White is a great promoter and all other organizations other than his feed off of his success. I follow both, I have been a boxing fan for 15 years and have been following MMA for the last five since it became popular, you bunch of bandwagon-jumping nuthuggers think boxing is dead because you dont know anything about it. Saying boxing is dead would be like me saying baseball is dead because I dont give a **** about it.

Comment

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
            Bute is a superstar in Montreal. The rest of Canada does'nt know who the **** he is. They never gave the guy any exposure here at all. His fights were never televised here. Then when he won the title they started putting on frech PPV's of his fights. For one they only speak french in Montreal and the rest of Canada does'nt know who he is. So why would anyone order it? And nobody does buy it.
            Yeah bro,I was curious why bute didnt speak english.So montreal is like its own country?Steve nash popular there?Thats the only
            canadian i know.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
              Fad, bunch of bandwagon jumpers, the only reason it is doing this well is because Dana White is a great promoter and all other organizations other than his feed off of his success. I follow both, I have been a boxing fan for 15 years and have been following MMA for the last five since it became popular, you bunch of bandwagon-jumping nuthuggers think boxing is dead because you dont know anything about it. Saying boxing is dead would be like me saying baseball is dead because I dont give a **** about it.
              ]

Exacly! you hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                Yeah bro,I was curious why bute didnt speak english.So montreal is like its own country?Steve nash popular there?Thats the only
                canadian i know.
                Well it's not really it's own country but they act like they are LOL. It's just a province with lots of French settlers. Everywhere else across Canada everyone speaks english. Everything is french in Montreal it's like going to France. It's kinda wierd.

Comment

Boxing is bigger than UFC in Britain
                  Atleast boxing is advertised

As for white america, maybe if they didnt suck so bad at boxing they would actually follow the sport
                  Sad but true

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    Boxing has been global for well over a century. No comparison needed.
                    /thread muthasukka

Comment

hmm you just joined in june

Comment

Working...
                      X