Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had more power? Naseem Hamed or Edwin Valero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valero had more stopping power, Hamed was a lot of speed and explosiveness.

Comment

wow, how quick ppl forget Naz had torpedoes for hands....and KO% means bollocks when comparing power..

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        I'm gonna Say Valero. Can't **** with that KO resume.. Both fought many tomato cans though.
        Hamed fought at world class level for most of his career. He was FW champ for 6 years.
        There is a big difference in quality of their opponents.

Hamed had amazing one punch KO power. He KO'd opponents without trying.

Valero seemed to overwhelm his opponents first before landing a big punch.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
          almost as comical as saying you arent a *******
          bro you pushing 40, yet you on those 4th grade disses? Honestly...you are a ****in joke.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            almost as comical as saying you arent a *******
            huh *****?

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              Hamed fought at world class level for most of his career. He was FW champ for 6 years.
              There is a big difference in quality of their opponents.

Hamed had amazing one punch KO power. He KO'd opponents without trying.

Valero seemed to overwhelm his opponents first before landing a big punch.

Yeah Hamed has a good resume at 122 and 126. Valero was fighting bums but he was about to step it up big time prior to his death. I don't knock Edwin for his level of competition, considering his situation, but you simply can compare his resume to Hameds. With that said, jut looking at a few clips is enough to see that Hamed's power>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Edwins Valero's power

I have followed Hamed since forever and here is some food for thought; Back in 1999 Hamed was rated pound for pound the hardest puncher in boxing. Boxing analyst had him ahead of guys like Tua, Tyson, Ibeabuchi, Trinidad and several others P4P. The reason boxing anaylst were saying that was based on the fact that he could end any fight, any second, with either hand. There was an article in either KO Magazine or Ring Magazine (I forgot which one I read it in) that stated this and broke it down in detail. Never once has Valero's power been that revered in boxing and I haven't even heard any boxing analyst make the claim that he was even the best in his own division, let alone all of boxing, when he was at 130 and 135.

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
                huh *****?

dog disregard that remedial mutha****er....lol

Not to sound too ****ed up but he is like one of those disable kids that go to that special building on campus....just ignore his actions and try not to laugh when you see him.

Comment

You guys just read Boxrec and see Valero's KO percentage on paper not knowing how bad his opponent was before the ref got in. He didnt even drop Demarco. The thing is with Valero, when they felt his power they didnt want to engage anymore. But with Naseem he flatline dudes unconcious from all angle. He barely touch dudes and they were out. This is a total mismatch. Prince holds that one punch power all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Prince View Post
                    Discuss. Both fighters had heavy fists
                    hamed fought top contenders , former champions and champions.

valero fought japanese benihana chefs and japanese **** stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      hamed fought top contenders , former champions and champions.

valero fought japanese benihana chefs and japanese **** stars.
                      pure unadulterated comedy right here....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X