Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had more power? Naseem Hamed or Edwin Valero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Prince View Post
    Yea thats true. The one thing bad about edwin was his speed. It wasnt SLOW but it wasnt exactly fast either

Valero had VERY fast hands actually. Watch his 1st KD punch in the 2nd rd against that Colombian dude in his 2nd to last fight. It was lightning fast you couldn't see it if you blinked.

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    Hamed was p4p the most devastating puncher I have ever seen. He had one punch KO power in both hands and if you want a fight to know what I'm talking about....go check out his fight with Augie Sanchez. Prince straight up murdered that kid. Valero's power is not touching hamed's at all.
    Yeah it was a brutal KO, but at the same time, Augie was known for having a horrid chin. He was KO'd so brutally by other opponents as well in some of his other matches that he was gonna get his license revoked just because he was being layed out into the stretcher in his KO losses. But Hamed did have a wicked power nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
      Means nothing. He fought a whole bunch of tomato cans....
      Lack of skill doesn't mean a weak chin or lack of endurance.

Did Hamed Kayo every single one of his opponents? Did he kayo every journeyman and bum he fought?

Comment

**** valero. only thing that matters to me is that hes burning in hell for eternity

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          Very close. I have to go with Hamed though because he also had speed behind them. Speed + Power = Deadly.
          Valero has very underrated speed. Most of his shots are winging shots, making it seem slow. But his opponents often got hit before they could react to it.

Its close but I'd go against the majority and say Valero. In clinches, even against seemingly bigger guys, he pushed them off with ease. WTF!!! IMO, that is raw power right there.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Lack of skill doesn't mean a weak chin or lack of endurance.

Did Hamed Kayo every single one of his opponents? Did he kayo every journeyman and bum he fought?
            Maybe not but lack of skill often means poor defense which leads to getting hit with a higher number of shots.....

Comment

There are so many clueless people posting on these forums.

If anybody thinks that Valero has more power than one of the most powerful p4p punchers of all time is delusional.

Naseem has far more power than Valero, despite KO %. Not only that, but Naseem's style, while unorthodox, was very hard to beat (think Roy Jones Jr.).

Valero will never be remembered in the same breath as Hamed.

Comment

dont no...but i hit harder than both these ****s.......

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                  There are so many clueless people posting on these forums.

If anybody thinks that Valero has more power than one of the most powerful p4p punchers of all time is delusional.

Naseem has far more power than Valero, despite KO %. Not only that, but Naseem's style, while unorthodox, was very hard to beat (think Roy Jones Jr.).

Valero will never be remembered in the same breath as Hamed.

Not to sound condescending, but your absolutely right. I mean this **** is as obvious as to who hits harder. All this thread shows me is how little these guys actually follow boxing. This is almost as comical as saying Clottey has better D than pernell whitaker...smh

Comment

almost as comical as saying you arent a *******

Comment

Having a higher KO percentage doesn't mean they are a harder puncher. Vitali has a higher ratio than Wlad but Wlad hits a lot harder.

Comment

Working...
                      X