Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you shocked Floyd asked for a bigger split?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How u call your self Money may and don't ask for the bigger split???

Floyd is that guy...he deserves the bigger split and will get it!!!!

Comment

• I'm not surprised because he said that he was going to do this back in February. Man of his word, unlike the garbage that comes from Top Rank. Seems to change with the weather.

Comment

• Your absolutely right this fight will never get made because will not agree to anything other than 50/50. Floyd is gonna make this negotiation as difficult as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agentsmith View Post
          This fight will never get made, people here should just forget about it.
          I have been thinking the same thing since this fight was talked about. Unfortunately I think we are both right.

Comment

• I meant pac wont agree to anyhthing but 50/50, and i don't blame him. He should say F**k it and move on. Pac will move on and take fights we know Floyd isn't willing to take so, that doesn't leave him with many options. I'm honestly getting sick of hearing about this, unless I hear this fight is signed

Comment

• Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
              Your absolutely right this fight will never get made because will not agree to anything other than 50/50. Floyd is gonna make this negotiation as difficult as possible.
              Thomas Hauser
              Mayweather-Pacquiao, PEDs, and Boxing
              Sun 17-Jan-2010 21:27

Indeed, there’s a school of thought that, had Pacquiao agreed to Mayweather’s drug-testing demands, Floyd ultimately would have balked at the US$10,000,000-per-pound penalty for failing to make weight or found another way to scuttle the ship.
              http://www.secondsout.com/columns/th...eds-and-boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                In the end though, it still has to do with the amount of promotion that's put into a fight. Though Pacquiao is a star, the fight with Clottey was no where near promoted as grand as Mayweather vs Mosley. With that being said, him pulling 700K IMO is still really good considering Clottey was barely even covered during the little promotion they had for the fight (HBO Countdown / On Demand countdown if you have Comcast cable). Mayaweather vs Mosley was a walking Advertising machine that was running for 2 months straight.

Now, I think Mayweather vs Mosley doing 1.4 Mill is still a great look, but I did expect more of a turn out considering this was the biggest promoted fight since the De La Hoya fight. With Pacquiao's last big fight (Cotto) doing 1.25 Mill, I truly don't see the big disparity in the sense of the fighters right now as we speak. I won't be mad if Floyd gets a bit more of the purse, but I doubt it's going to be anything astronomical. Floyd may be greedy, but he recognizes that Pacquiao is a draw in the sport as well, otherwise there would be no talk of a Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight in the 1st place.
                Shut up! You're making sense!!!

LOL real talk though, even if Floyd gets a bigger share, it's not going to be this crazy amount. Floyd wouldn't even give Manny the time of day if he wasn't the star he is in the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                  I have been thinking the same thing since this fight was talked about. Unfortunately I think we are both right.
                  Which fight would you like to see? I would like to see Pacquaio Bradley

Comment

• Originally posted by Agentsmith View Post
                    Which fight would you like to see? I would like to see Pacquaio Bradley
                    Pac vs Bradley or Alexander at some point. I would probably like to see Pac vs. Berto first. I think Pac vs. young,hungry, in his prime skilled Berto would be interesting. This is the type of fight I'm talking about Floyd not be willing to take if there fight falls through. This is why i feel Pac has more options

Comment

• floyd knows what will happen when they face. this aint no old man mosley or bloated old man marquez. This the best of this era!

Comment

Working...
                      X