Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you shocked Floyd asked for a bigger split?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    To every one will piggyback my boy 2501 Read this:

Isnt it safe to say that Pac was a pretty huge star at the time of this Clottey PPV? He was a big star because he had big PPVS in the past Oscar, Hatton and Cotto so to bring up a fight Pac had post Cotto, Hatton and Oscar in Cowboys stadium mind you and to compare it to a fight Floyd had before he fought Oscar and Hatton is pretty flawed.
    In the end though, it still has to do with the amount of promotion that's put into a fight. Though Pacquiao is a star, the fight with Clottey was no where near promoted as grand as Mayweather vs Mosley. With that being said, him pulling 700K IMO is still really good considering Clottey was barely even covered during the little promotion they had for the fight (HBO Countdown / On Demand countdown if you have Comcast cable). Mayaweather vs Mosley was a walking Advertising machine that was running for 2 months straight.

Now, I think Mayweather vs Mosley doing 1.4 Mill is still a great look, but I did expect more of a turn out considering this was the biggest promoted fight since the De La Hoya fight. With Pacquiao's last big fight (Cotto) doing 1.25 Mill, I truly don't see the big disparity in the sense of the fighters right now as we speak. I won't be mad if Floyd gets a bit more of the purse, but I doubt it's going to be anything astronomical. Floyd may be greedy, but he recognizes that Pacquiao is a draw in the sport as well, otherwise there would be no talk of a Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight in the 1st place.

Comment

• ***** floyd is scared ****less of that one dimensional midget. no surprise there. gawd, i wonder how the *****s can still defend this chicken****.

Comment

• 50/50 split thread/..........

Comment

• "I, I'm about to say something true, Pacquaio those drugs just ain't for you

P, people claim Pacquaio the best, then why does he need 14 days to rest?"

Comment

• Not at all. It's Floyd.

Comment

• Nope. This is typical Floyd, his ego wont even allow a 50/50 split which I think is fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                Considering he LITERALLY doubled Pacs last PPV??

The hell is the forum in an uproar for?
                Comparing their last two fights are just unfair and not relevant.
                One had a 24/7 and the other did not.

However, Floyd righfully demands a bigger split based on a constant history of outselling Pacquiao against similar opponents.

And most importantly. He clearly outsold Mannys last big fight (Cotto) with a decent margin.

Comment

• Im not shocked at all i predicted this was gonna happen long ago. If they come to some sort of compromise on the testing, Floyd would make it more difficult somewhere else in the negotiations. He knows Pac's team will never agree to anything but a 50/50 split. If he continues with these demands, i wouldn't blame Pacquiao if he walked away instead of playing this constant game.

Also, people that want to try and use Floyd vs. Mosley and compare Pac vs. Clottey are ridiculous. Nobody outside of real boxing fans even know who Clottey is. Shane is the bigger name and people need to remember Floyd didn't do those numbers on his own, it took Shane to be a part of that fight just like Oscar was the premeire draw when they fought. The more accurate comparison would be Pac vs Cotto against Floyd vs. Shane. The fight should be 50/50 with no exceptions with maybe an incentive for the winner. The only thing Floyd is accomplishing is making this fight harder to get done not happpening again. The fans are the ones getting fu**ed. Pac gets closer to compromising on testing that he doesn't even need to do and Floyd finds another area to make things difficult. Not surprising at all.

Comment

• who doesn't ask for a the bigger split?

Comment

• This fight will never get made, people here should just forget about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X