Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHO??? Berto will collect that belt very soon

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
      If Berto had any balls he would fight Shane and get KO lol.
      Come on, romebyko...those are some dirty chicks you got there.(Your Avatar)

Comment

Great! Now we can have a Senchenko-Zaveck unification superfight!

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
        WTF How did this guy get the belt?
        He won it from Yuri Nuzhnenko. Yuri Nuzhneko won the interim WBA belt by beating Frederic Klose. If you have no idea who either of those guys are, that's OK because neither of them are very good.

Comment

I've only seen Senchenko once and honestly, I wasn't impressed at all. I remember him fighting the Frenchman Frederic Klose and being nearly out on his feet at the final bell. Klose was like a Carlos Maussa fighter, not hard to figure out but superbly conditioned.

Senchenko I remember being a good basic boxer with average power and defense.

Comment

People who ask who Senchenko is ... is NO boxing fan

This dude is a pretty good boxer. There were rumblings on hatton fighting him but id see him beating Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
              But thats making advantage of a horrendous situation. The fans want to see one champion. If you have the talent you will rise to the top and beat the champion. We don't need a WBO 'champion' who never fights the top guy. Fans don't want that crap.

Let there be one champ. And soon the top contenders will be just as famous doing battle amongst themselves. And those top contender fights will mean something special, because they will BE for something special - a shot at the champion - not for an ABC title.

The sport can be changed for the better.

Right now though ABC belts benefit the ABC bodies, the networks and yes fighters too who would not receive recognition (but yet they would if there was one clear path to the true champion!). But if you ask any boxer, they would rather their sport had one clear champion.

Away with the ABC belts.
              I don't think that is true, if you don't know the right ppl in boxing just like in all professions or have something to make ppl pay attention to you its hard to get to the top sometimes and even not possible really with all of the politics and promotional cronyism.

The belts do help fighters when they are totally unknown, what your proposing would take a league or 1 universal boxing organization to do, like how UFC is and how they give good fighters who have earned it shots. Boxing isn't like this and whoever basically has a gimmick and brings fans gets big fights regardless of how good they are sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                People who ask who Senchenko is ... is NO boxing fan

This dude is a pretty good boxer. There were rumblings on hatton fighting him but id see him beating Hatton
                It's not a stretch for a boxing fan to not know who he is. He hasn't fought on American TV, gets no mentions from the press stateside and hasn't fought anyone that people would immediately recognize.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  I don't think that is true, if you don't know the right ppl in boxing just like in all professions or have something to make ppl pay attention to you its hard to get to the top sometimes and even not possible really with all of the politics and promotional cronyism.

The belts do help fighters when they are totally unknown, what your proposing would take a league or 1 universal boxing organization to do, like how UFC is and how they give good fighters who have earned it shots. Boxing isn't like this and whoever basically has a gimmick and brings fans gets big fights regardless of how good they are sometimes.
                  Under the current model you usually need an ABC belt to breakout to the public.

But in the proposed model, 'contender' fights would have greater attention, no confusion, just simple in that the winner moves closer to the champion.

Remember Pavlik Miranda? That was ****ing awesome, because we knew the winner was going to get Taylor. (Provided he didn't take a voluntary defence instead - again ABC bull****).

In a perfect world, contender fights would have huge boxing media attention, because the amount of championship fights will diminish with their being only one, true champion.

Still though, abolishing ABC bodies is one part of the problem. There are the promotional companies and networks that would have to adapt, but they would have to!

I'm just thinking off the top of my head, but we need a governing body that establishes the ranking system and champion. A non contaminated body. Fighters could pay contributions to it, and also cash out from it if they ever had health problems, kind of like an insurance policy. It would be for the boxers.

Ah, all this has been said before by fans for years.

Is it impossible? Maybe, but I like to think it could happen.

Comment

I saw this coming from the WBA but I was still hoping Mosley would be able to keep his title since the fight was a non-title fight. Senchenko is an OK boxer, nothing special, better than Nuzhnenko, I have no idea how Nuzhnenko ever won a title.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Uh, when did Senchenko win it from Mosley?
                      i thought they put it up as a vacant belt and had two guys fight for it.

not sure why they just handed it over.

i understand shane didnt defend it but you cant knock him for fighting the best boxer on the planet

how would the sport have been better off if shane fought and beat a mandatory instead of floyd??????

Comment

Working...
                      X