Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley is Stripped, Senchenko Full WBA Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These belts are such a joke. Shane was the "super" champion and this other guy is the "regular" with the same belt? Alsp now the WBC has the diamond and now silver belt. It's just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
      These belts are such a joke. Shane was the "super" champion and this other guy is the "regular" with the same belt? Alsp now the WBC has the diamond and now silver belt. It's just ridiculous.
      The fact that there has been a change in the WBA rankings, without a fight taking place, stinks of..... (thinking about my words carefully)..... corruption, too strong ?

Maybe appointing titles based on "feelings" is not corrupt, but its hardly good for credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        I was asking about this days ago and I have to wait this long for my answer!!!!

JK, thanks BP.........Senchenko is a good fighter but people just presume he is not because the have never heard of him, sad how hasty so called boxing fans are to judge someone they have no idea about.

FYI, ABC belts are important and good for the sport because they give recognition to obscure fighters who would otherwise get none.

Without winning a interim vacant ABC belt Martinez would not be in the position he is in today.
        Belts aren't meant to give recognition to obscure up and coming fighters. They are meant to identify the best fighter in a particular weight class. I agree with some of the guys on here that say fighters should say the hell with the alphabet belts and fight for the lineal or ring belt. Why should I give a sanctioning fee and then a percentage of my purse if I were a fighter? This is just like the way the record industry rips off the artists!

Comment

Working...
        X