Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley slams Khan, confirms Abregu date.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I do like about some religious guys in boxing (Pacquiao being the only one that comes to mind) is when they say "I pray to God that he shall keep both me and my opponent safe as we do our jobs".

That's really good stuff right there IMO, although I know it can also be done outside of a religious context (i.e. "I hope that we both stay safe and come out of this fight healthy"). Either way, it shows humility.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAGIC M.I.B. View Post
      Size 4 font, for clarity.

I'm not attacking Khan personally, I've defended his heart and willingness to get in with anybody in the past on this forum (back when few were arguing when Khan was accused of having no heart), so let's not waste time on that. I'm saying that talking about fighting Maidana doesn't mean anything if you end up acquiescing to the wants of people like Richard Schaefer and fighting Marquez instead. I think that's what's gonna happen.

As I've said a bunch of times, if the Khan-Maidana fight gets made for the fall - WAR KHAN!!!!!!!!!!

I know you didn't say Bradley is a duck, I said tell it to the other guy who did, because the 'duckling' comment was made in that context. Follow the exchange you're quoting, P-K.

It's cool to think Khan categorically can't be stopped by Tim, but I'll respond by saying that Bradley can drop and shake guys up, he brings a different look to every fight according to the opponent, and Khan's ability to take a shot is still an unknown quantity.

So Bradley looks bad?, Khan looks worse at this stage because he ain't fight nobody who's a threat. Bradley gets more benefit of the doubt that he wants these fights, he already unified belts, walked the walk, he was going to fight Khan's mandatory for him until that guy went running (or got 'injured').

What about this is so hard to understand?

I'm saying Khan isn't a duckling if he fights Maidana.

He wants it, and I think he chose GBP because he was able to get the fights he wants.

Khan does look worse, but he hasn't said he is the best at 140.

Bradley has, he also said he can beat Pac, not just be ready, but beat Pac.

Now that is why he looks bad, because he hasn't jump on the plate to prove that when Alex is clearly number 2.

Remember Bradley vacated the WBC last year when Alex was mandatory.

I'm a fan of Bradley, his win over Holt was good, but Holt isn't really that good. He's a Torress level fighter IMO

Witter good, but shot

Nate is NC

Perterson-Erm OK, but green

I think he beat Cherry which is OK

But that resume don't show me he's HOF or anything either. Better than Khan, but by fighting Alex, then that would be his best win. Heck beating Khan is better than all of those in my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
        One thing I do like about some religious guys in boxing (Pacquiao being the only one that comes to mind) is when they say "I pray to God that he shall keep both me and my opponent safe as we do our jobs".

That's really good stuff right there IMO, although I know it can also be done outside of a religious context (i.e. "I hope that we both stay safe and come out of this fight healthy"). Either way, it shows humility.
        That's my point. That's good stuff.

Isn't that what religion is supposed to instill in us a sense of community with our fellow man.

That is the all important qualifier. Simply put, if you're thanking God for victory - what about the other guy?

I dunno, it's just one of my pet peeves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
          My issue with it is this: boxing is a dangerous sport.

If you are going to qualify victory crowing with a 'well, thank god both me an my opponent are safe.' then go for it, by all means. But who does that, apart from Naz I think who said something similar regarding Allah after sparking Augie Sanchez.

When you start saying **** like, which as does happen: 'In Jesus' name'.........what? what you defeated Junior Witter on a split decision in Jesus' name?

It even grates when someone says 'well, it's thanks to God that I am here today.'. No, it'd be thanks to God if you were where you are today if you were a priest, and you were in a f.ucking church.

Nothing to do with liking Khan, and I extend all this feeling to all religions. A quiet prayer in the corner before a fight I'm fine with. That's a private moment. But loud religious babbling in victory is an instant turn off. It's just ignorant, arrogant and awful.

In short, for me. It just has to many ethical or moral implications. If Khan done the same it would turn me off too. It's specifically religious rhetoric crowing in victory - I genuinely hate it.
          Well, you have an interesting view on it, but Bradley's the one in the ring and he obviously has his own perspective on it - I just see this kind of nitpicking as extraneous, and I don't think it should be taken as any negative reflection on Bradley's character.

Tim's a fantastic kid. He doesn't want anybody hurt, he just feels that God's on his side - like you said, boxing's a dangerous sport, so who'd begrudge a fighter feeling like he's got a friend up there and stating it loudly and proudly? Whatever gets these boys through the lonely life they have to lead.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what Alexander has done to be the number 1 or 2 fighter in the division?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snooty86 View Post
              Can anyone tell me what Alexander has done to be the number 1 or 2 fighter in the division?
              Oh yes, Khan is better than alexandra for sure. Although Bradley has the best resume.

people seem to forget how kotelnik was robbed against quitter.

lol quitter makes malignaggi's power look like marcos maidana in comparison.

Remember pencil legged urango, the one who was schooled by ricky hatton?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                Haha, tis annoying. ''I'd like to thank god, everyone down the Dog and Duck, Pat from the Jobcentre and me mum for dropping me off at the airport.''
                'I'd like to thank Sarah for taking my ******ity - without it I would not be the man I am today - having boned at least a few more chicks. Thanks Sarah. Missionary was boring but it got the job done to my break my duck. You weren't all that. You had weird **** and you had your bra on whilst we boned - you also appeared to have bathed in Granny perfume. You let me shag you twice before you left in the morning, which was nice. Then you left and tried unsuccessfully to bone my best friend two-weeks later. He didn't want to bone you because I told him you had weird ****.

That's all the people I'd like to thank Larry. Peace'

I'd thank Sarah for taking my ******ity if I just one a world title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pension-Killer View Post
                  I'm saying Khan isn't a duckling if he fights Maidana.
                  I didn't say he was. We need to progress past this bit.

Originally posted by Pension-Killer View Post
                  He wants it, and I think he chose GBP because he was able to get the fights he wants.

Khan does look worse, but he hasn't said he is the best at 140.

Bradley has, he also said he can beat Pac, not just be ready, but beat Pac.

Now that is why he looks bad, because he hasn't jump on the plate to prove that when Alex is clearly number 2.

Remember Bradley vacated the WBC last year when Alex was mandatory.
                  Oooh, 'Bradley said'. Why are people on this forum so obsessive about what fighters say? You guys act like estrogen filled women over this stuff.

Bradley wants that payday like any other guy - and he's not going to walk in saying he'll lose.

I know the circumstances of Tim being stripped. But however bad anyone thinks Tim looks re. Alexander - if they're a Khan booster, they've got no leg to stand on, because Khan hasn't paid the dues Bradley has.

I'm a fan of Bradley, his win over Holt was good, but Holt isn't really that good. He's a Torress level fighter IMO

Witter good, but shot
                  Witter wasn't shot, people really need to stop throwing that word around, it's getting silly. Witter was coming off a career best performance, that isn't shot. It's as good a win as Kotelnik for Khan, better I think than that version of Paulie for Khan and better than Salita by far.

Holt was a prime B level guy with skills and a real punch, not the JWW answer to John Duddy (Salita) or slow, no-punch Kotelnik or faded, even-less-punch Paulie. Holt brought his best to Bradley and was shut down, Bradley won wide on the cards and deservedly so.

Nate is NC

Perterson-Erm OK, but green

I think he beat Cherry which is OK

But that resume don't show me he's HOF or anything either. Better than Khan, but by fighting Alex, then that would be his best win. Heck beating Khan is better than all of those in my opinion
                  Bradley's already got this clearly even without the extra padding those 3 names afford. You don't have to have a HOF/ATG record to significantly better Khan's. Bradley's ledger has clearly more depth, variety and difficulty level when you break it down and take in all factors. If necessary, I'll come back with a report card on that if we really need to contest it and we can go head to head breaking it down.

Of course Alexander would be his defining win, that's not in question.
                  Last edited by MACAQUEINBLACK; 05-21-2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Man Tim is turning into a whinny little *****. A ntoe to Tim, before guys like Hopkins, Jones and Floyd got big headed and talked about fighting for money first they were already first ballot HOFers and had legendary careers. This joker has never even been on an HBO boxing after dark card and he is already sayign I don't fight for legacy but for money?

Khan makes more in one fight than this guy makes in 10 and I haven't seen him saying its all about money.

Comment

• Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
                      lol quitter makes malignaggi's power look like marcos maidana in comparison.
                      Witter had a bit of power i remember him scoring some good kockouts.

Comment

Working...
                      X