Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the main reason some people hate the Klitschkos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are white.

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
      i don't think wlad is glass any more than lennox lewis is. anyone can get caught by one of today's superheavyweights. other than getting dropped by some punches behind the head, wlad took peter's punches. same with lennox lewis vs tua and vitali. both landed some great punches and didn't put lennox down.

i'm not saying either have atg chins, but they're reliable most of the time
      yeah true lennox had a good chin...im impressed with vitalis chin as well..the guy can take punch after punch.

Comment

good pointers about the klitschkos

- They dont duck anyone
        - They have been HW champions for a while and put on a good show
        - Klitschkos have made some pretty impressive KOs in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
          Although most boxing fans respect the Klitschkos, there are a lot of Klitschko haters in all the internet boxing forums I see.

I always wonder, why are they hated?

If Mayweather fails to KO an old, shot Mosley, it's a "masterful performance".

If Wladimir scores a late KO over Chagaev, Thompson or Chambers, (after winning virtually every round) NONE OF WHICH HAD EVEN BEEN KNOCKED DOWN BEFORE, then he receives criticism and negativity for being too defensive.

Why the double standard?
          Where is the boring option?

You knew 90% would vote for it and that's why you didn't include it

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
            good pointers about the klitschkos

- They dont duck anyone
            They're too tall to duck anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post

Careful now. If you call them boring, you're automatically a racist. :eyeroll:

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                Why does racism automatically have to come into it? From one individual's point of view, Mayweather's 12-round masterpiece against Mosley might've been a lot more exciting than Wlad's 11-round cautious display against Chambers.

You're the only one bringing racism into it when nobody else is, yet you're always the one harping on about race not being relevant. Make up your mind. It either is or it isn't.
                Wlad wasn't cautious against Chambers, he was chasing him around the ring much of the fight. Chambers, Chagaev and Thompson had never been down before, Wlad KOed them.

Why does Wladimir receive no credit? Why are Floyd's defensive decision wins "masterpieces" while Wlad's domination and KOs of his opponents "not impressive"?

There IS a double standard based on race, and Mayweather/Wlad is the perfect example. If the Klitschkos were black and American but exactly the same in every other way, they would be loved by the American media and become very famous.

Race may not be a factor in the way I judge others, but it clearly is very important to other people.

Why with such a size advantage couldn't Floyd KO old Marquez? Why such a cautious fight by Floyd? But if I criticize Floyd, I'll be called a racist.

If you're a reasonably intelligent person, you will understand there is indeed a double standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post

Why do you find Mayweather's defense-first style EXCITING and Wladimir boring?

For the sake of wanting to be "politically correct"? Because that's what Teddy Atlas tells you to think?

Comment

They are just ugh. Not fun to watch at all. Boring, methodical and predictable.

Haye, Adamek and Chris IS The Heavyweight Division.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post

Haye, Adamek and Chris IS The Heavyweight Division.
                      Now thats a depressing statement.

Comment

Working...
                      X