Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the main reason some people hate the Klitschkos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only thing that annoys me is people talking about some goon from the nba or nfl being heavyweight champ if he'd trained for it.

as far as people not liking the klitschkos, they can like who they want. i don't think they get it any worse than lennox lewis did. larry holmes wasn't well liked either from what i've read.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
      Although most boxing fans respect the Klitschkos, there are a lot of Klitschko haters in all the internet boxing forums I see.

I always wonder, why are they hated?

If Mayweather fails to KO an old, shot Mosley, it's a "masterful performance".

If Wladimir scores a late KO over Chagaev, Thompson or Chambers, (after winning virtually every round) NONE OF WHICH HAD EVEN BEEN KNOCKED DOWN BEFORE, then he receives criticism and negativity for being too defensive.

Why the double standard?
      wlad mainly is criticized because of his 2nd round TKO loss to corrie sanders...hence why people call him glass chin...but i reckon the klitschkos deserve more credit and alot less criticism

Comment

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
        Watch the first 11 rounds of the Chambers fight.
        Watch all 12 rounds of Mayweather-Mosley and Mayweather-Marquez.

Floyd couldn't stop a much smaller guy or an old shot fighter, yet he receives your praise.

Why the double standard? Are you a racist?

Comment

Floyd couldn't stop a much smaller guy or an old shot fighter, yet he receives your praise.

Wlad fights intelligently just like Floyd, yet Floyd is super exciting and Wlad is very boring!

It's okay for Floyd to fight not to get hit, but not for Wlad! Wlad and Floyd should just allow boxers to hit them at will!

Comment

The main reason is because most people find the Klitschkos to be boring boxers, that's all there is too it I think.

And because a lot of their fans seem to think that the Klits are the greatest HW boxers to ever lace up.

No problem with the Klits just some people aren't entertained by them so they feel the need to spread their anger about how Wlad dominated a fight by simply jabbing.

Comment

They are just ugh. Not fun to watch at all. Boring, methodical and predictable.

Haye, Adamek and Chris IS The Heavyweight Division.

Comment

Why does racism automatically have to come into it? From one individual's point of view, Mayweather's 12-round masterpiece against Mosley might've been a lot more exciting than Wlad's 11-round cautious display against Chambers.

You're the only one bringing racism into it when nobody else is, yet you're always the one harping on about race not being relevant. Make up your mind. It either is or it isn't.

Comment

really, people need to stop considering the Klitschkos as 1 fighter. Those who do are the ones who judges them on race and nationality rather than boxing. They are both good but they are very different fighters.

Alot of people like one or the other. Or one more than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                    wlad mainly is criticized because of his 2nd round TKO loss to corrie sanders...hence why people call him glass chin...but i reckon the klitschkos deserve more credit and alot less criticism
                    i don't think wlad is glass any more than lennox lewis is. anyone can get caught by one of today's superheavyweights. other than getting dropped by some punches behind the head, wlad took peter's punches. same with lennox lewis vs tua and vitali. both landed some great punches and didn't put lennox down.

i'm not saying either have atg chins, but they're reliable most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                      Plus klitschkos arnt really fast....wlads abit of a slow starter but does put on a good show..vitali throws a good few punches and produces impressive KO's here and there.

Comment

Working...
                      X