Collapse
No announcement yet.

give me the honest truth about rocky marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see some people still haven't gotten over the race issue.

The thing about Marciano is that he likely won't impress you when you first watch him on film. He was crude, a fact he admitted himself, but extremely effective. You couldn't keep the man off of you and he was smart enough about his work not to get hit too much. When he did get hit, he took the punches well. He is one of those fighters that you learn to appreciate over time, usually after learning about his opposition. The likes of Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore and Jersey Joe Walcott wouldn't have lost to a mediocre fighter.

Comment

padded record, fought alot of smelly bums

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Tunney you still ducking my post.
        I'll see you in the THUNDERDOME, I don't want to get banned.

Comment

Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Klitschkos all beat him like a rag doll.

Comment

Tunney since you continue to keep ducking this post. id appreciate it if you stop calling me a racist.

Tunney you are so paranoid.

Why am I HUGE fan of Pep, Benny, and Locche?

Huh?

So stop calling me racist, okay. Last time I called you out on that in the other thread you ducked me. You said I hated Euro fighters. Then I told you Froch, AA and Adamek are 3 of my faves and you dissapeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
              No, Conn was a middleweight MOST of his career. He started as a lightweight and had many fights at welterweight. When he got OLD he moved up to light heavyweight and then fought Louis at heavyweight.

"The aging timetable" is used by you to discredit white boxers. You say Archie Moore was still a good win for Clay in 1962 when he was 46, but not for Marciano in 1955 when he was age 39.

You racist bastard.

When Conn fought Louis he was a light heavyweight. Is Shane Mosley still a lightweight because most of his fights were at 135? Are you really that stupid? And Conn was only 28 when he fought Louis. So now 28 is old for Conn but 37 was still young for Louis? LOL You are a serious mess.
              Last edited by Calilloyd; 05-03-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                I said his biggest wins, Hitler jr.
                You always call me Hitler jr, which is very offensive to me, because you are too WEAK to fight fair. You need to cheat to win.

Both my grandfathers fought against Hitler's armies, one suffered permanent injuries, and his brother my grand uncle died fighting the ****s. It's deeply offensive to call someone "Hitler jr", you should be banned.

But you're too weak-minded to come up with anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
                  You always call me Hitler jr, which is very offensive to me, because you are too WEAK to fight fair. You need to cheat to win.

Both my grandfathers fought against Hitler's armies, one suffered permanent injuries, and his brother my grand uncle died fighting the ****s. It's deeply offensive to call someone "Hitler jr", you should be banned.

But you're too weak-minded to come up with anything else.

I want to be offensive to you because you are not worthy of respect and you're an obvious racist. If you're looking for sympathy you won't get any from me.

Comment

When Conn fought Louis he was a light heavyweight. Is Shane Mosley still a lightweight because most of his fights were at 135? Are you really that stupid? And Conn was only 28 when he fought Louis. So now 28 is old for Conn but 37 was still young for Louis? LOL You are a serious mess.
                    You previously said that age doesn't determine a fighters age. You're contradicting yourself with your RACIST double standards.

Aside from that, boxers don't have the same aging timetable. I thought even you knew that.
                    LOL You are in a serious mess.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 05-03-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Conn being a "middleweight" when he faced Louis must be some kind of revisionist history. The last time he fought at middleweight was at 20 years of age. He was 23 when he faced Louis.

Archie Moore and Ezzard Charles also used to be middleweights but no one in their right mind would call them such at the time they faced Marciano.

Comment

Working...
                      X