No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mitchell Continues To Throw Verbal Blows at Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
    I'm not criticizing Bradley, I think he's an excellent boxer. Putting it back into context, I pointed out the fact that others have fought opponents who were at one time in lower weight classes too. So Khan shouldn't be criticized for that, and neither should Bradley. It's just a part of the sport.
    The person to whom you were replying said Khan shouldn't fight another Lightweight (meaning Mitchell). He didn't say he shouldn't fight another former Lightweight (Campbell would actually be a stern test for Khan). There's a huge difference between fighting a former Lightweight who's moved up because he can no longer make the weight (like Campbell), and fighting a current Lightweight, who doesn't belong above Lightweight, which is the case with Mitchell.

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
    I was pointing out that Khan has already fought an opponent who was at least in the same league as Maidana (as Kotelnik beat Maidana) therefore Khan's level of opposition wasn't as poor as the poster was describing. I wasn't implying that Khan would beat Maidana simply because he beat Kotelnik.
    The point is, Maidana is Khan's mandatory and because styles make fights, would be a far sterner test for him than either Malignaggi or Kotelnik. So Khan's blatant ducking of Maidana was pathetic.

Comment

Lol Khan would wipe the floor with him. Mitchell's not on that level. I think Katsidis can beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
        Lol Khan would wipe the floor with him. Mitchell's not on that level.
        Based on their performances against Prescott?

In any case, you're another poster who clearly didn't bother to read the article. Mitchell didn't call out Khan or express any interest in fighting him. He simply criticised him, quite rightly, for ducking Maidana.
        Last edited by Dave Rado; 05-03-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
          Yes. Khan lovers fail to see Mitchell outbox Prescott whereas Khan got KTFO.

What mistakes did Khan even make in the Prescott? Getting hit with a jab and being KTFO isn't a mistake. It's a warning not to be a boxer any more....

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post

In any case, you're another poster who clearly didn't bother to read the article. Mitchell didn't call out Khan or express any interest in fighting him. He simply criticised him, quite rightly, for ducking Maidana.
            Yeah Mitchell just moved to LW and is tiny there. A move to 140 would be suicidal right now. That said, I don't think Khan beating him is a foregone conclusion.

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post

What mistakes did Khan even make in the Prescott? Getting hit with a jab and being KTFO isn't a mistake. It's a warning not to be a boxer any more....

Comment

I'm a poster who calls it like I see it. Yes, I know what Mitchell said, the point is Mitchell is constantly trying to undermine Khan, a fighter who is clearly superior to him. Forget the Prescott blip. By that logic Frank Bruno was better than Lennox Lewis in 1995. After all, he beat McCall, who had KO'd Lennox. It's poor logic.

Mitchell's motormouth is bugging me, I think he's a good fighter but I think he needs a reality check. He hasn't really fought anyone yet. Prescott's a crude fighter, big puncher, but very limited. He hit Khan on the sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post

If you really don't think Khan made any mistakes against Prescott you know absolutely nothing about boxing and there's no point in trying to discuss it with someone that ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                  I'm a poster who calls it like I see it. Yes, I know what Mitchell said, the point is Mitchell is constantly trying to undermine Khan, a fighter who is clearly superior to him. Forget the Prescott blip. By that logic Frank Bruno was better than Lennox Lewis in 1995. After all, he beat McCall, who had KO'd Lennox. It's poor logic.

Mitchell's motormouth is bugging me, I think he's a good fighter but I think he needs a reality check. He hasn't really fought anyone yet. Prescott's a crude fighter, big puncher, but very limited. He hit Khan on the sweet spot.
                  So unless you are clearly a better fighter than Khan you have no right to criticise him? In that case I presume you think no one on these boards, and no boxing writer, has any right to criticise any boxer. If so, you're a complete idiot.

As for the Prescott fight being a blip, Khan had the opportunity to prove that by facing his mandatory, who is a big puncher, and GPB bribed Maidana to stay away from Khan for three fights, while Roach stated that Khan would vacate if he was forced to fight his mandatory. So his own promoters and trainer clearly don't think it was just a blip.
                  Last edited by Dave Rado; 05-04-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X