No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mitchell Continues To Throw Verbal Blows at Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
    Hell no! Khan needs to unify with Bradley or Alexander next or drop the belt and let someone deserving take it. Bradley probably has to fight his mandatory Ortiz after Maidana, so Khan should fight Alexander. I don't wanna see him challenge another lightweight. He needs to either fight a top JWW or retire early. No more bums, tune ups or mismatches.
    agree, Khan needs to fight the winner of Bradley/Maidanna or Alexander.

Mitchell only just moved up to lightweight, Khan too big, too quick too strong for him at 140lbs

Comment

what's this? The grudge between of unproven in U.S., hyped "commonwealth" champions?

Comment

I doubt Amir Khan would want any of this because it is high risk little gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Jones View Post
          I doubt Amir Khan would want any of this because it is high risk little gain.
          high risk, really? REALLY !?!?

Comment

Mitchell v Katsidis

Mitchell has to try and beat Katsidis first.
            Katsidis will knock Mitchell out.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
              Mitchell should beat some decent fighters before he starts calling out Khan. If he can get past Katsidis, and then step up to light-welter and beat a name there, then he could possibly have a claim to fight Amir. As it stands, he has been protected much more than Khan throughout his career, and has no right to lecture him about taking risks. If Mitchell gets his hands on that belt, expect Warren to match him up with powderpuffs and journeymen well into his 30's.
              Mitchell didn't call out Khan, didn't you read the article? He just criticised him, rightly, for avoiding his mandatory and taking a lower risk fight. And to criticise Mitchell for fighting Prescott and Katsides almost back to back, two big punchers, one of whom destroyed Khan less than a year and a half ago, and the other of whom is rated #1 in his division by The Ring, is just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                Hell no! Khan needs to unify with Bradley or Alexander next or drop the belt and let someone deserving take it. Bradley probably has to fight his mandatory Ortiz after Maidana, so Khan should fight Alexander. I don't wanna see him challenge another lightweight. He needs to either fight a top JWW or retire early. No more bums, tune ups or mismatches.
                Bradley fought Nate Campbell, just two fights ago, a lightweight and super-featherweight for much of his career.. Khan's next opponent, Paulie Malignaggi, is arguably as good as, if not better, than both Bradley's and Alexander's last opponents - Peterson and Urango.. And Khan also beat Kotelnik, who beat Maidana the fight before he lost Khan..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
                  Bradley fought Nate Campbell, just two fights ago, a lightweight and super-featherweight for much of his career..
                  That's like criticising Mosley for fighting Mayweather, because Mayweather was also a Super Featherweight and a Lightweight for much of his career. Campbell was not a Lightweight when he fought Bradley any more than Mayweather was a Lightweight when he fought Mosley. Campbell moved up because he could no longer make the Lightweight limit. And he was rated in the top 5 Jr Welterweights at the time and was Bradley's mandatory. To compare that with Mitchell is ridiculous.

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
                  Khan's next opponent, Paulie Malignaggi, is arguably as good as, if not better, than both Bradley's and Alexander's last opponents - Peterson and Urango.. And Khan also beat Kotelnik, who beat Maidana the fight before he lost Khan..
                  Malignaggi can't punch, and nor can Kotelnik. Maidana has a huge punch, and Khan's chin and defence are his only obvious weaknesses, and they haven't been tested since he was starched in one round by Prescott. Styles make fights - you'll realise that if you start following boxing for a while. And Maidana was Khan's mandatory. And he was paid to step aside because Roach felt he was too high a risk.
                  Last edited by Dave Rado; 05-03-2010, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Khan would beat him handily-Mitchell needs to stay at LW where i feel he will be very succesful

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                      That's like criticising Mosley for fighting Mayweather, because Mayweather was also a Super Featherweight and a Lightweight for much of his career. Campbell was not a Lightweight when he fought Bradley any more than Mayweather was a Lightweight when he fought Mosley. Campbell moved up because he could no longer make the Lightweight limit. And he was rated in the top 5 Jr Welterweights at the time and was Bradley's mandatory. To compare that with Mitchell is ridiculous.
                      I'm not criticizing Bradley, I think he's an excellent boxer. Putting it back into context, I pointed out the fact that others have fought opponents who were at one time in lower weight classes too. So Khan shouldn't be criticized for that, and neither should Bradley. It's just a part of the sport.

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                      Malignaggi can't punch, and nor can Kotelnik. Maidana has a huge punch, and Khan's chin and defence are his only obvious weaknesses, and they haven't been tested since he was starched in one round by Prescott. Styles make fights - you'll realise that if you start following boxing for a while. And Maidana was Khan's mandatory. And he was paid to step aside because Roach felt he was too high a risk.
                      I was pointing out that Khan has already fought an opponent who was at least in the same league as Maidana (as Kotelnik beat Maidana) therefore Khan's level of opposition wasn't as poor as the poster was describing. I wasn't implying that Khan would beat Maidana simply because he beat Kotelnik.

Comment

Working...
                      X