Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd is much slimmer and faster from what I seen on 24/7.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
    Bro Stafford sucks. Must suck having to root for the worst team in the NFL of the past decade. But hey, at least you still got Floyd.
    Stafford is beastly. Only 21 and getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      He looked heavy vs. Marquez. He looks slim, fit and much faster for this fight.

they all look bigger when not training.......Berto for example.......

the layoff would have let him grow into his frame a bit more......but 2 training camps = back to Floyd of old.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        You're right about that Gatti fight. Thats when Floyd was getting hell from the media and Gatti was getting all the shine. **** infuriated him and the rest is history.

Something most dont remember is that Cotto was actually beating Shane to the punch in their fight. So one can only imagine how fast Floyd will look.

And I agree its easy to make them look dumb...
        add to that, floyd is much more elusive, much more methdical, doesn't fight flat footed---feints with his movement and punches---doesn't tire---dictates the pace of his opponent, by frustrating him to where he has to change his pace to stay in the fight, but tires out trying to do so---floyd is a genius in the ring--he put it all together early as an amateur and toned it up as a pro---this is why shane is in trouble--i always wanted to see them fight---floyd is going to put a spanking on shane who will fight hard, but fight stiff--shane will have to try to surprise floyd and tr to outbox him early, no matter how impossible it seems---he has to keep his stamina which is decent, don't get me wrong, but not consistent--especially when he gets pulled into a dogfight---floyd has a tempered pace--which is why he gets stonger as the fight goes on---

remember also, floyd promised more combos----and he's been dominating fighters by just potshotting and countering them---but after what i seen him do defensively against jmm, i'm not worried at all, by any means for floyd's defense--he looked so sharp defensively in that fight, slipping jmm's combos----so with shane, even though he's faster per say, i don't see how floyd won't slip his combos--unless shane pulls him to the ropes--i mean no celiengs, he made jmm lose his ****ing balance by just avoiding his combos---shane will lose his balance also--his footwork is suspect---

people really don't know just how good floyd is---i've known floyd's style for so many years, this is why i never bet against him---he's a beast---shane has been inactive for 16 months almost and floyd's inactivity will be around 8 months come may 1st, but the difference is, floyd always stays sharp---shane loses his sharpness with his inactivity---he should have taken a tuneup, but shane really wanted the fight-- i can't wait--where are you watching it?

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
          the best padwork from him and roger that i've seen was during the gatti fight----i have that build up--press conference--and pre fight warm up, he looked so razor sharp---i think him and shane have slimmed up a bit---floyd is going to be so so fast in this fight--i think shane will be faster than his last fight for the first 4 rounds---his inactivity is too long imo---he should have taken a tune up for floyd---just my opinion though--and no ceilings, you're the man--you always like my posts---lol---and of course you know i like your posts and threads---we make them pac fans look so dumb---as if it's hard anyway right?lmao---

yep...Floyd looked incredibly sharp on pads for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
            yep...Floyd looked incredibly sharp on pads for that one.
            wasn't he? i just watched that pre fight warm up 5 minutes ago to appreciate it again--lol---where are you watching the fight check?

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
              His pad work that he does with Roger is back to what it was from what I see... back to being very fast and fluid. Remember when he was in the UK? That **** was looking slow.

someone really should post the Gatti mitt work from youtube......it has NWA backing music if i'm not mistaken...you will all notice the diff.....the padword there was crisper and faster.......

you are right though....judging from the small amount of padwork shown for this fight traininng...he looks alot sharper.

Comment

wasn't he? i just watched that pre fight warm up 5 minutes ago to appreciate it again--lol---where are you watching the fight check?

not sure yet.........prolly just go over to a mates place with satellite.....unfortunately for me i think i am the only boxing fanatic in a city of 1.6 million.....LOL!!!

Comment

add to that, floyd is much more elusive, much more methdical, doesn't fight flat footed---feints with his movement and punches---doesn't tire---dictates the pace of his opponent, by frustrating him to where he has to change his pace to stay in the fight, but tires out trying to do so---floyd is a genius in the ring--he put it all together early as an amateur and toned it up as a pro---this is why shane is in trouble--i always wanted to see them fight---floyd is going to put a spanking on shane who will fight hard, but fight stiff--shane will have to try to surprise floyd and tr to outbox him early, no matter how impossible it seems---he has to keep his stamina which is decent, don't get me wrong, but not consistent--especially when he gets pulled into a dogfight---floyd has a tempered pace--which is why he gets stonger as the fight goes on---

remember also, floyd promised more combos----and he's been dominating fighters by just potshotting and countering them---but after what i seen him do defensively against jmm, i'm not worried at all, by any means for floyd's defense--he looked so sharp defensively in that fight, slipping jmm's combos----so with shane, even though he's faster per say, i don't see how floyd won't slip his combos--unless shane pulls him to the ropes--i mean no celiengs, he made jmm lose his ****ing balance by just avoiding his combos---shane will lose his balance also--his footwork is suspect---

people really don't know just how good floyd is---i've known floyd's style for so many years, this is why i never bet against him---he's a beast---shane has been inactive for 16 months almost and floyd's inactivity will be around 8 months come may 1st, but the difference is, floyd always stays sharp---shane loses his sharpness with his inactivity---he should have taken a tuneup, but shane really wanted the fight-- i can't wait--where are you watching it?
                  Excellent post.

I'd green K ya if I could.

I'll get ya when I can.

Might catch the fight at the theater in Harrisburg.

Comment

Once again. A post I agree with 100%.

Something you said though clicked with me. The people on this forum really dont understand just how good Floyd is. They have no idea. Big mouth or not in the ring he is not to be ****ed with. He has boxing mastered.

Im watching the fight at the movies. I feel its only right because this **** will be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                      someone really should post the Gatti mitt work from youtube......it has NWA backing music if i'm not mistaken...you will all notice the diff.....the padword there was crisper and faster.......

you are right though....judging from the small amount of padwork shown for this fight traininng...he looks alot sharper.
                      yeah, he looked so smooth---i guess being acitve keeps you sharper---i like when he was warming up in the back before the fight with roger---his upperbody movement was fast as hell man---the crowd was oooohing and ahhhing---and for the people who really didn't know him, they were shocked i'm sure, like, "wait a damn minute, who is this guy? oh no, gatti is in some serious ****."lmao----rest in peace gatti forever---i miss that mother****er--it sucks how his life ended----how his career ended too--it still bothers me a lot--it wasn't fair--but he's in God's hands now--sorry for that--i always go off on a tanjin when talking about arturo---he was so special----

Comment

Working...
                      X