Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosley: "After I beat Floyd, I wouldn't require OST to fight Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, They don't have OST on the undercards, let a lone any of their of various fights throughout the year. The only person who cares about OST is Floyd (sorry for the sad reality).

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
      There's a bigger puzzle mate.

Shane saying that he won't require Pac thru OST when he fights him kinda tainted GBP's stand on OST for their fighters.

The clincher is, is Shane speaking as a lone boxer (for himself), or he speaking as a co-staker for GBP?

Either way it's win-win for him anyways, but not good for his previous statements on OST and his BALCO scandals.
      How? Shane is not under contract with GBP and Floyd is a free agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
        actually GBP stance on the matter was tainted during the Judah vs Mosley pre-fight negotiations. In case anyone forgot, Judah asked Mosley for OST and DLH and Schaeffer both said it was unnecessary and the commision's test were sufficient enough.

BTW You gotta love the Irony in that.....
        judah mosley was supposed to happen what, almost 2 years ago? opinions change, and it's obvious mosley is looking out for himself with these comments....i don't necessarily blame him, but don't go on TV saying OST is good for the sport, then turn around and say you won't ask for it, at the chance to cash another check tho.....

Comment

• Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
          Is that really what you believe? Mosley was Mayweathers age when he got beat by Wright 5 years ago. Hes had 7 or 8 fights since then and has been inactive for a year and a half. I still think hes a good opponent, but cmon.
          Yeah that is what I believe. Neither fighter is in their prime which makes this a competive fight. There is no other way to look at that. It's not like Mayweather is 25 and Mosley is 38.

Comment

actually GBP stance on the matter was tainted during the Judah vs Mosley pre-fight negotiations. In case anyone forgot, Judah asked Mosley for OST and DLH and Schaeffer both said it was unnecessary and the commision's test were sufficient enough.

BTW You gotta love the Irony in that.....
            Yeah who could forget that.

Comment

• Originally posted by California Love View Post
              How? Shane is not under contract with GBP and Floyd is a free agent.
              What i meant was GBP is representing Floyd on negotiations, and Shane's a part owner of GBP, or am I missing something?

Comment

Also, They don't have OST on the undercards, let a lone any of their of various fights throughout the year. The only person who cares about OST is Floyd (sorry for the sad reality).
                Floyd cares if people are doped up if he fights them? Whats wrong with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
                  There's a bigger puzzle mate.

Shane saying that he won't require Pac thru OST when he fights him kinda tainted GBP's stand on OST for their fighters.

The clincher is, is Shane speaking as a lone boxer (for himself), or he speaking as a co-staker for GBP?

Either way it's win-win for him anyways, but not good for his previous statements on OST and his BALCO scandals.
                  It doesn't really affect Mosley either way because the whole Balco scandal was years ago and he "himself" came out and cleared his name from the very beginning of the scandal. Look how people look at A-Rod now, he came out and admitted what he did...swept under the rug like nothing ever happened.

The reality is, he's got the attitude a lot fighters have. Yes, they agree on upgrading or mandating new testing and they'll accept it with no problems, but it's not the standard as of yet more than Floyd making it an issue on his part. None of these fighters are going to bend over backwards to have their opponents go through OST unless the commissions make it the norm.

Comment

Also, They don't have OST on the undercards, let a lone any of their of various fights throughout the year. The only person who cares about OST is Floyd (sorry for the sad reality).
                    Mosley said yesterday that it was good for the sport and NSAC should do it for all the big fights, just because he won't ask for it doesn't mean he doesn't support it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                      It doesn't really affect Mosley either way because the whole Balco scandal was years ago and he "himself" came out and cleared his name from the very beginning of the scandal. Look how people look at A-Rod now, he came out and admitted what he did...swept under the rug like nothing ever happened.

The reality is, he's got the attitude a lot fighters have. Yes, they agree on upgrading or mandating new testing and they'll accept it with no problems, but it's not the standard as of yet more than Floyd making it an issue on his part. None of these fighters are going to bend over backwards to have their opponents go through OST unless the commissions make it the norm.
                      I get your point mate.

So i think it's safe to say Shane's speaking like how boxers from past generations to present play it like it is, the standard until something's amended.

Comment

Working...
                      X