Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Team Want Klitschko To Pass WADA Drug Tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
    This is bull****.
    I know how dare Povetkin make demands. Who does that fawking fraud think he is? He thinks he's the commission or something. Wlad says he doesn't like needles. The last time he had a tough fight blood was drawn before the fight. Blood is icky and nasty..........

Comment

I wonder what will be left of the Manny Pacquiao myth if he refuses random blood testing again, and ducks Floyd for a second time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hottamale View Post
        And the Comedian of the year-award goes to... flexxx!

I asked if they have done any testing pre- or post-fight in Germany, urine/blood/hair - something?
        I did some google-fu.

1) In Germany, there is the NADA (Nationale Anti-Doping-Agentur). They control at random, during training and during events, on olympic-style-level - but only those branches of sport, which get money from public resources (i.e. TV money revenue). After the big cycling scandals, the TV-stations are very strict with this. They even dropped the Tour de France off the program, when scandals resurfaced three years in a row.

Boxing does not get a regular share of the TV-money, so there was no regular and random testing until 2007. The BDB (Bund Deutsche Brufsboxer, professional boxers' association) tries or tried to get their own system of testing, but that would be below the level of the NADA (which is on the level of WADA or IOC). So there was a kind of controversity betrween BDB and NADA in 2007.
        http://www.sportgericht.de/sportrech...xt-10691-.html
        http://www.berlinonline.de/berliner-...3623/index.php

2) The public TV channels (ARD, ZDF) are very strict with doping testing over here. Now, Sauerland made contracts with ARD to apply Olympic style-testing on all fights they get broadcasted. The costs (some 10,000 EUR) are Sauerland's problem. They made a big step towards broad random testing.

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/medien-ne...t15532,2345002

3) Most of the training and the fights of the Klitschko's are in Germany, as you know. The NADA-testing gives the organisation the right to take random tests, including in the middle of the night, and blood tests. A.F.A.I.K, there were no or only a few random tests in the last couple of years. But the possibility for random tests is there.

4) One thing I heard (but could not find evidence via google) is, that all champioship fights get urine testing prior and/or after the fight - for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by flexxx145 View Post
          I know how dare Povetkin make demands. Who does that fawking fraud think he is? He thinks he's the commission or something. Wlad says he doesn't like needles. The last time he had a tough fight blood was drawn before the fight. Blood is icky and nasty..........
          Funny how big boys like Vitali and Wlad, both boxing champions, are afraid of needles.

The last time he had a tough fight blablabla... reminds me of someone complaining about his last loss happening because of a needle... Strange, because everybody knows he was just outboxed to death...

Man up Wlad, and take the tests.

Comment

Come on Wlad take the test pass it then beat Povetkin's ass don't ***** about the test just move on to the next fight this way you would avoid any kind of controversy
            Last edited by MrClutch85; 04-06-2010, 09:28 AM.

Comment

this is about wlad/povetkin, I dunno why people keep bring pac up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                this is about wlad/povetkin, I dunno why people keep bring pac up.
                Says the troll.

Comment

This is interesting and it'll be a big statement if Wlad says yes without hesitation - but I don't think Povetkin really has the negotiation leverage to get away with a request like this so I can see Wlad telling him to **** off.

Comment

Vladimir Klichko - The Legend. He is always in perfect shape. He will beat Povetkin easily and will beat any future opponent easily. So let's stop this ****** drug discussion.
                    Last edited by Kayoer; 04-06-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                      This is interesting and it'll be a big statement if Wlad says yes without hesitation - but I don't think Povetkin really has the negotiation leverage to get away with a request like this so I can see Wlad telling him to **** off.
                      Would be sad if Wlad did that but I sure as heck wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                      X