Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With 140 heating up, Bradley decides to leave the division...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
    okay you pretty much regurgitated what I already said, just with a source and in a much longer version.

**this writer seems to have a bias against Alexander, or at least he's underrating him severely

what im trying to get at is why would anything say it's Devon who doesn't want to fight Bradley .. when T-Brad was the one who vacated his WBC belt to not fight him (Alexander)

of course the WBC made him choose which title to keep (way old news), and Bradley stuck with the WBO and a defense on Showtime vs Campbell

**but if the situation was reversed and Alexander had Bradley as a mandatory, yet vacated his title to fight someone else for money would people look at it in the same regard?

its more a business decision then anything
    bradley was already going up when alexander had his fight scheduled.

Comment

Bradley coudve waited for Alexander and Maidana.

Abregu has the power to knock him senseless. This was a stupid fight to make. He gains nothing at all by winning.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rabbit Punch- View Post
        Well before the Urango KO he was in the mix as was Juan Diaz before losing to Malignaggi. You also had rumors of (and still do) of a Hatton comeback and talk about Marquez fighting at 140 so you have/had:

Marquez
        Hatton
        Bradley
        Alexander
        Khan
        Maidana
        Malignaggi
        Ortiz
        Diaz
        Rumors of Valero

Granted, like you said there's not alot of superstar recognition like there is at welterweight but there are some really good fights to be made here.
        the best fights to be made would be between the Alphabet holders at this point IMO. bolded were the names I already pointed out as there is some decent match making in May

regarding what I underlined well at the same time regarding Hatton the last I read was about him doing very poor and quitting training camp after 3 days. Not completely shutting the door on Ricky, but at this point I have to question the relevance especially considering how long he's been off. at this point can Hatton make an impact at 140?

as for Marquez & Diaz .... these guys are probably better off at LW, and considering Juan Diaz got pretty decisively beat last time out .. and from what his manager read

I think he'd be looking to rematch JMM. As for Valero, it's already known he vacated his WBC LW title, so I'd think only a matter of time before we see him at 140

so again, besides the already mentioned bolded names (Title Holders: Bradley, Alexander, Khan) interim WBA in Maidana

and 2-3 contenders in Ortiz, Paulie and possibly Valero. I don't see too much for 140.

**but of course I am looking forward to the Campbell-Ortiz & Paulie-Khan card. and Bradley/Alexander could happen in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by M@nny View Post
          There is really no purpose to fight a nobody at 147. At this point in his career, if he's going up to 147, he could at least fight somebody with some name recognition.

Anyway, if 140 turns into a sort of mini tournament, who wins the following fights...

Khan vs Ortiz

Maidana vs Alexander

Winners fight each other, who'll be the last man standing???

Are you serious? Do you really know boxing? I baffled by your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Bradley coudve waited for Alexander and Maidana.

Abregu has the power to knock him senseless. This was a stupid fight to make. He gains nothing at all by winning.
            I agree with this post, that's 2 straight Burner.

I'm 100% positive that Bradley isn't running from Alexander though, as has been suggested in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              bradley was already going up when alexander had his fight scheduled.
              I thought Bradley signed off on his fight a little after Devon fought Urango

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4988184

but your right, a week or so big deal. Bradley moves up for one fight on HBO, and will most likely be back at JW for a bigger fight later in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                I agree with this post, that's 2 straight Burner.

I'm 100% positive that Bradley isn't running from Alexander though, as has been suggested in this thread.
                just for the record, my original response wasn't regarding so called Bradley running from Alexander

it was the opposite

when the idea that Alexander running from Bradley was suggested (by another poster) .. if you catch my drift.

honestly, I don't see any running from either, just they've had better fight options instead of vs each other.

**Bradley vs Campbell for one

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
                  okay you pretty much regurgitated what I already said, just with a source and in a much longer version.

**this writer seems to have a bias against Alexander, or at least he's underrating him severely

what im trying to get at is why would anything say it's Devon who doesn't want to fight Bradley .. when T-Brad was the one who vacated his WBC belt to not fight him (Alexander)

of course the WBC made him choose which title to keep (way old news), and Bradley stuck with the WBO and a defense on Showtime vs Campbell

**but if the situation was reversed and Alexander had Bradley as a mandatory, yet vacated his title to fight someone else for money would people look at it in the same regard?

its more a business decision then anything
                  He does have bias, but that was last year bro.

Alexander wasn't that big and with Manny and Hatton, who wouldn't want to fight them? They were as good at the time as Alex, but would have been huge money.

Remember Alex just beat Witter.

Alexander is proving himself to be real good, but at that time, Bradley was much more of a clear favourite.

Article was written in APril 2009, I don't even think Alex fought Braldey then yet either

Comment

Bradley and Alexander have yet to fight. and besides Bradley being a bigger favorite back then .. before Devon would win the title

**I also read somewhere that it was said no network would have picked up a Bradley-Alexander title fight .. which would have been for Bradley's WBC belt

which again is another reason to not want to fight^ .. I mean keep in mind these guys are professionals, and besides winning I'd think making money would matter as well.

Comment

the TS always fails in with his own threads. Everyone who really follows boxing and stays up to date with boxing news, knows that this is a one fight thing at 47, then he will be back down to 40. But a few posters have already hit on that.

Comment

Working...
                      X