Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With 140 heating up, Bradley decides to leave the division...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With 140 heating up, Bradley decides to leave the division...

To fight unknown, but undefeated Luis Abregu (29-0-23 KOs) at 147. WTF, lots of great possible fights for Bradley at 140 now and he moves up to fight some nobody?

Oh well, at least we'll see Khan vs Malignaggi, Ortiz vs Campbell and hopefully Maidana vs Alexander. A Bradley vs Fat Ass Guzman would round things out nicely at 140 (pun intended).

Can someone explain to me why Timmy is moving out of the star studded Jr Welterweight division? We all know little Timmy is not a Welterweight.

hes not leaving.
    this is a one shot deal.
    hes going back to 140 after the fight.
    the purpose of the fight itself is 2 fold:
    1. introduction on HBO vs a tough, yet vulnerable opponent.
    2. to show that he can compete at 147 for future big money fights

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
      hes not leaving.
      this is a one shot deal.
      hes going back to 140 after the fight.
      the purpose of the fight itself is 2 fold:
      1. introduction on HBO vs a tough, yet vulnerable opponent.
      2. to show that he can compete at 147 for future big money fights
      There is really no purpose to fight a nobody at 147. At this point in his career, if he's going up to 147, he could at least fight somebody with some name recognition.

Anyway, if 140 turns into a sort of mini tournament, who wins the following fights...

Khan vs Ortiz

Maidana vs Alexander

Winners fight each other, who'll be the last man standing???

Comment

Originally posted by M@nny View Post
        To fight unknown, but undefeated Luis Abregu (29-0-23 KOs) at 147. WTF, lots of great possible fights for Bradley at 140 now and he moves up to fight some nobody?

Oh well, at least we'll see Khan vs Malignaggi, Ortiz vs Campbell and hopefully Maidana vs Alexander. A Bradley vs Fat Ass Guzman would round things out nicely at 140 (pun intended).

Can someone explain to me why Timmy is moving out of the star studded Jr Welterweight division? We all know little Timmy is not a Welterweight.
        Well it doesn't surprise me how little you know, but when u call out everybody in the 140 and being avoided in the division. Sometimes u have to take risk and taking on a underfeated fighter in a higher weight class hopes to opening doors for him...

Comment

Originally posted by chillin8 View Post
          Well it doesn't surprise me how little you know, but when u call out everybody in the 140 and being avoided in the division. Sometimes u have to take risk and taking on a underfeated fighter in a higher weight class hopes to opening doors for him...
          Haha, Timothy Bradley has a stan.

Comment

Originally posted by M@nny View Post
            Haha, Timothy Bradley has a stan.
            And he also has someone poorly educated campaigning against him.

Comment

I seen Luis Abregu fight before, and he will take a brutal beating from Bradley.

Comment

A fight vs Abregu is pretty damn worthless and a waste of time if you ask me. 140 is HOT right now and Tim is one of the top guys in that division. He should defend his strap at 140 vs a ranked WBO guy and push for one of the winners when the Khan, Ortiz, Maidana, Alexander dust settles. **** a fight vs Urango or Bailey would be more interesting than Abregu at 147.

Comment

From what I remember nobody at 140 wanted to fight him...

Comment

For the people saying that nobody wants to fight him, didn't Alexander call him out a few weeks ago?

Comment

Working...
                    X