Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With 140 heating up, Bradley decides to leave the division...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither Khan or Alexander have any interest in fighting him so he is testing the waters at 147. Should a big fight surface at 140, I am sure he'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
      For the people saying that nobody wants to fight him, didn't Alexander call him out a few weeks ago?
      Did you not read Bradley's solid answer to that? That fight makes so little money right now... why not let them dominate the rest of the division before taking on each other?

Bradley said it was a one fight deal at 147, and then they will clean out the division. After Malignaggi, there aren't a lot of really good fighters who can't punch, and aren't named Bradley and Alexander.

Ortiz/Campbell and Maidana are aching to get in on the top part of the division.

I feel like a lot of these matchups are going to happen after this current set of matchups.

I'll tell you one thing, I'm super excited for Khan-Malignaggi. It's going to be a damn good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by M@nny View Post
        A fight vs Abregu is pretty damn worthless and a waste of time if you ask me. 140 is HOT right now and Tim is one of the top guys in that division. He should defend his strap at 140 vs a ranked WBO guy and push for one of the winners when the Khan, Ortiz, Maidana, Alexander dust settles. **** a fight vs Urango or Bailey would be more interesting than Abregu at 147.
        you know how many people turned down a fight with bradley? only one who was willing to fight him was alexander and i dont think either team wants to fight each other right now.
        every other top 140 lber was occupied.
        his mandatory is paulie. he's busy.
        #2 is campbell. he's busy
        #3 is cesar rene cuenca? who? (check out his page on boxrec for a laugh)
        urango just got his block knocked off and bailey's at 147.

you might not know abregu, but some of us do. he's already had a couple of premium cable dates and he showed that he can be equally dangerous and vulnerable. its somewhat of a high risk low reward fight, but those are the breaks when no one wants to fight him.

Comment

Nobody at 140 wanted a piece of Bradley, He's too slick for any of 'em. ****ing ***** ass Khan isn't going to fight him anytime soon. Alexander vs. Maidana winner should get a shot at him.

Comment

At least hes staying active.

Comment

No one credible will fight him at 140 right now. So he's just testing the waters in one fight at 147 for the future, rather than wait for an opponent at 140.

Comment

What's wrong with testing the waters at 147. It's not like he's staying there. He just wants to look good for his HBO debute.

And who gives a flying **** about Victor Ortiz!?? He just fought a bum after already getting a tune up with Antonio Diaz and you're giving Bradley ****? GTFOH

Comment

There is really no purpose to fight a nobody at 147. At this point in his career, if he's going up to 147, he could at least fight somebody with some name recognition.

Anyway, if 140 turns into a sort of mini tournament, who wins the following fights...

Khan vs Ortiz

Maidana vs Alexander

Winners fight each other, who'll be the last man standing???
                  TBH you're making yourself look bad.

He was trying to get big fights nothing was happening. He needed to fight and this guy has an OK record. Yes he isn't a name but everyone else apart from perhaps Alexander were there.

Even so, Alex only recently had a fight.

Do you think fans know of Maidana, Khan, Alexander enough to make it a big money fight yet?

Not really.

Let them build up FFS.

He's moving up in weight, let him see how he is there. Like Manny going up 145 as opposed to 147 with Cotto (I'm not comparingthem, but every fighter needs to test the water first)

Comment

A fight vs Abregu is pretty damn worthless and a waste of time if you ask me. 140 is HOT right now and Tim is one of the top guys in that division. He should defend his strap at 140 vs a ranked WBO guy and push for one of the winners when the Khan, Ortiz, Maidana, Alexander dust settles. **** a fight vs Urango or Bailey would be more interesting than Abregu at 147.
                    Why the **** did Manny not fight Maywetaher?

Answer that then come back to me and think of why Bradley couldn't get a fight at 140.

Damn *******

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
                      For the people saying that nobody wants to fight him, didn't Alexander call him out a few weeks ago?
                      alexander called him out AFTER bradley signed for the fight at 147. when bradley took that fight he didnt even know who was gonna win between urango and alexander and if the winner would be willing to fight him, maybe it would be a controversial fight and have a immidiate rematch.

point is u cant wait around for fighters, he got the chance to fight on hbo so he took it, he couldnt find a oponent at 140 so he took what they always said was nothing but a one fight deal at 147.

hes certainly not moving away from 140 or is he ducking anyone. why are u always looking for the fighters who deserve the most props and trying to discredit them? its like u are a spy from sherdog looking to **** up the few things good with boxing these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X