Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Floyd Mayweather Jr Retire In The First Place??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did Floyd Mayweather Jr Retire In The First Place??

Floyd at first thinks that without him boxing would be dead etc and then he goes insulting other boxers and what not...well why dont we ask floyd some questions?? like for e.g. Why did he retire in the first place?? Before he retired why didnt he accept the offer from guys Like Margarito to fight him? or why didnt he fight Mosely,Cotto or even Pacqiuao back then? i even heard paul williams called floyd out and that floyd didnt want to fight...So all of a sudden when he comes back into the sport as a comeback fight He fights a Past it Juan Manuel Marquez to Move Up 2 Weight divisons? i mean yeah thats a good fight but why go for him? why not fight someone who was in your weight division originally? And now that hes gonna fight mosely which i think is good for floyds reputation what about the other fighters? is he gonna man up and fight Pacqiuao,Cotto,possibly even marg if hes let back in?

Cotto, Margarito, younger Mosley, P.Williams

FACT!

Comment

no lightweights to fight at welterweight yet at that time.

Comment

He said he was tired and has been boxing since 1987, He feel he deserves a rest and i agree with him, Its his life if he wanted to retire which he did, He might have thought he had enough money stocked up until he lost lot of it, Which forced him to comeback.

Am not on the he duck so so and so train not especially Top rank fighter because Arum would rather have his fighters face each other, Another thing is no one is the face of boxing, Boxing doesnt depend on anyone including Mayweather, Whenever he decides to retire again we have people who would replace him and move the sport forward just like Pacquiao did when Mayweather retire last time out.

Comment

I will place a bet 100k, *****s will not answer your question precisely.

Comment

I think it would've been better if he just never said the word retirement. I thought it would've been best if he just said that he would just not fight for a year to rest his body.

Comment

Because he fought for 15 straight years?

Comment

The only way to go was to face Prime Cotto and Prime Margarito. They were very feared at that time and Mayweather didn't want to fight them. So he retired and left them to beat on each other.

Mayweather would have beaten both of them in my opinion but he decided to retire.

Comment

Rest, people need to remember that Mayweather isn't a fighter like Hatton who lives the life in between fights. He is a pro athlete through and through, he's been boxing before he could walk.

I think he also has hand problems too. So yeah resting physically and mentally.

Comment

He didn't have a passion for the sport, and at that time felt his undefeated record would get him more respect. Combine that with the rising prominence of fighters like Cotto and Margarito who Floyd might have felt weren't worth the risk, that's why I think he retired.

Pacquiao's rise to the status Floyd has wanted all along is why he unretired, he is back for Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                    X