• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
    non-heavy + no latino + black american fighters does not = 3mill

no way.
    Saul Alvarez is on the undercard

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      If you Floyd and Ellerbe target the gay community maybe..

3million hehehe heeeee funny as ****....SSM and Floyd hehehehehehahahah lol
      What community is Pac going to have to hit to get to 1mil for the Clottey fight? Cause the buzz just isn't that big for that fight. Most ppl are not getting it, but they did say they would stream it.

Comment

Originally posted by syphillis View Post
        Good for boxing if it does very well. I would say 1.5-2M buys.
        I have to agree, 1.5-2M sounds about right.

Comment

they will pad the PPV rate with coupons and other deals like that. I'm considering watching it at Home Depot, for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Saul Alvarez is on the undercard
            and? i dont know too many people who buy events becuz of 1 fighter on the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
              non-heavy + no latino + black american fighters does not = 3mill

no way.
              That's the type of ultra simplistic thinking that got boxing to become a niche sport.

Let's be real...at this moment in time there isn't a big time heavyweight PPV star nor is there a big time Latino PPV star. Right now if a fight is going to do 1 million buys it has to involve either Mayweather or Pacquiao. If neither of those guys are in the fight it won't do a million buys. Neither of them are heavyweights, neither of them are Latino and one of them is a Black American. So, I'd say your criteria for judging a PPV's success is off. That said, I think 3 million is really high.

Then another thing to consider is that four of the greatest PPV stars of all time are black fighters; Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Ray Leonard and Floyd Mayweather.

Bob Arum and Larry Merchant believe that Black fighters can't become stars anymore. Dan Rafael believes whatever Arum and Merchant tell him to believe and that's one of the reasons he got booed so hard yesterday. But it doesn't matter how long these ****** writers keep making up reasons to deny Mayweather his props, Lil' Floyd has a mainstream following. If anyone could get to 3 million without fighting Pacquiao it'd be him against Mosley. I'm just not convinced they will get there. But I do have a lot of faith in Richard Schaefer's ability to promote a big event.

Comment

Shaefer has been right many times and has proved us wrong before. remember when he said that the Mayweather-JMM fight would be a PPV blockbuster but we all said: "hell nah Richard, you smokin reefer?" the Mayweather-JMM fight did 1.02 million PPV buys and we were all speechless

Comment

It'll take a lot more of those WWE style press conferences and one hell of a 24/7 series to do even half that.

Comment

They won't get that many buys but think they will top 1.8 ppv buys.

Pacquiao vs Mayweather could get 3million.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                      Shaefer has been right many times and has proved us wrong before. remember when he said that the Mayweather-JMM fight would be a PPV blockbuster but we all said: "hell nah Richard, you smokin reefer?" the Mayweather-JMM fight did 1.02 million PPV buys and we were all speechless
                      I have to agree here. I was one of the doubters. I predicted that JMM vs Mayweather would do about 350k and I stood corrected. Anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X