Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I respect what Robinson and Ali did for the sport. But I am the greatest" -Floyd jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SusieQ. View Post
    i didn't say he did. wtf has money got to do with anything anyway ? and if that bellend doesn't care why the fuk was he cryin like a big gay baby about what the press was printing about him.
    crying? when?

controvery sales...but no matter what Haters say you cant dispute facts

Atheletes who make millions of dollars dont care what the press says

Money Talks & Bull**** walks

count up how much Floyd has made in his last 3 fights........

when you are done adding you will know why Floyd has 100 mllion reasons to not give a **** about the media.

Men Lie, women lie, numbers dont!!

Comment

yeah ur right... i suppose judah, oscar(past prime), baldomir, are notable wins.
      Its not Mayweathers fault that fighters in this era (around his weight classes) arent as skilled as him..

from 130-154 he beat the BEST guys in the division at the time

thats not debatable at all

when you can name me a better fighter from 1999-2010 from 130-154 then we can talk......

i will wait

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work Sr. View Post
        crying? when?

controvery sales...but no matter what Haters say you cant dispute facts

Atheletes who make millions of dollars dont care what the press says

Money Talks & Bull**** walks

count up how much Floyd has made in his last 3 fights........

when you are done adding you will know why Floyd has 100 mllion reasons to not give a **** about the media.

Men Lie, women lie, numbers dont!!
        can u not read? or are u just really thick skinned? floyd mayweather is not greater than Robinson or Ali thats the point here. I DONT CARE HOW MUCH MANY HE MAKES. if Ali or Robinson were fightin today theyd make just as much so floyd is not special.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
          He was letting those rants and hyping lies kill a fight. How is that promoting?
          no, he was promoting a fight. Getting people to talk about it, get excited about the fight.
          It was everywhere, espn, sportscenter, PTI, cnn, yahoo etc.
          Pac did not come through and take the tests.

You can spin it however you want, but that is the reality.

Comment

he didn't fight casamayor or frietas at 130 for some reason

he didn't fight tszyu, harris, or hatton at 140 for some reason

he didn't fight margarito, cotto, pwill at 147 for some reason

Comment

Its not Mayweathers fault that fighters in this era (around his weight classes) arent as skilled as him..

from 130-154 he beat the BEST guys in the division at the time

thats not debatable at all

when you can name me a better fighter from 1999-2010 from 130-154 then we can talk......

i will wait
              NO he fukin didn't. he didn't fight cotto, pacquiao, casamayor, or margarito

Comment

that couldn't be further from the point..
                this is representative of your complete and utter lack of understanding.

Floyd is stirring the pot, getting people to talk about him, some will get mad, some will enjoy it, but everyone will watch when he fights.
                That is what these quotes are about, getting people to take sides, getting people to feel passionate about Floyd Mayweather. You are one of them.

This is promotion, nothing more.

Same thing with his Malcom X and MLK comments.

Comment

Floyd is top 5 when it comes to boxing skills from top to bottom....

thats not debatable by any means

the point of boxing is to hit & not get hit...noone has done that as good as him...

dont blame Mayweather for OTHER boxers not being GREAT...he has handled the fighters in his era....the best fighters in his era...with ease
                  not really...the point of boxing is to entertain people. if you look at boxing's history, boxing was considered the workingman's sport which resembles street fighting, meaning you have to beat your opponent until he can no longer fight or knocked out. the earlier you can knock out or brutally beat your opponent the better and entertaining for the people. of course boxing has evolve in the modern times with the emergence of new set of rules. it has become less violent but the aspect of entertainment has never changed. "hit and not get hit" is alright for as long as you can still be entertaining. if not then you're just destroying the very essence of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    he didn't fight casamayor or frietas at 130 for some reason

he didn't fight tszyu, harris, or hatton at 140 for some reason

he didn't fight margarito, cotto, pwill at 147 for some reason
                    posts like this are really just sad.
                    it shows how long you have been watching boxing for.

you have the ability to look back at his career and name fighters he did not fight, but you completely ignore the situations and events that were taking place at that time.

posters like you see the boxing world through rose colored glasses.
                    Just delusional.

Comment

can u not read? or are u just really thick skinned? floyd mayweather is not greater than Robinson or Ali thats the point here. I DONT CARE HOW MUCH MANY HE MAKES. if Ali or Robinson were fightin today theyd make just as much so floyd is not special.
                      who is greater is subjective to the individual

let the man have his opinion

FACT remains.in this era He is the best......the most skills from top to bottom

him saying he is better than Ali is his opinion.maybe he is just t alkin about skills....all around skills....defense, footwork, IQ, etc etc

all that criteria is subjective......

i dont think he is better than Ali or Robinson because they fought better fighters......(if we're talking about RESUME)

but if we are talkin about SKILLS...whos to say who is better? They are probably the 3 most skilled fighters ever.....

Let me ask you this...what fighter since Ali has had better boxing skills than Mayweather?

Comment

Working...
                      X