Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    That he ducked Margarito?
    More so, do you still subscribe to your premise?

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
      If that is part of you belief, then yes. You mentioned Manny also.
      Let me sum it up in a few words. A fighter can't fight everyone while their opponent is relevant. At the time prior to Manny putting an ass whooping on Oscar evey one said that Oscar was cherry picking Manny that Oscar should fight Margarito or even Cotto at that point since Cotto and Margarito put on a great showing and either of them would have been acceptable opponents. People stated that Oscar was ducking Margarito and look how that turned out for Oscar?

We as boxing fans just want to see great match ups and we all know that styles make fights. I truly think after Margarito beat Cotto it would have been a fight warranted for Mayweather. Everyone was talking about Tony and he had a following. Prior to that Mayweather was RIGHT in saying Tony was no one and didn't bring enough to the table. RISK vs REWARD was not worth the fight. Mayweather didn't need Tony at all at that time prior to the Cotto fight.

To answer your question regarding Manny, I think at this point they both need one another and neither of them could make more money fighting anyone else. It would be GREAT for boxing and us THE FANS want to see it. SO YES AT THIS POINT I WOULD CONSIDER THIS BLATANT DUCKING!!! All of this is coming from LEFTY and I am a Mayweather fan but before that I am a FIGHT fan!!!!!
      Last edited by LEFTYGUNZZ; 01-26-2015, 07:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
        He isn't the best of this era. Pacquiao is. I think that is the aggregate thought of the majority. Also I need to stop calling in to these Wednesday shows. Had to wake up at 7:00 am.
        Exactly. There's a difference between being great and being viewed as having great skills. I've always thought Mayweather has the edge in the matchup, but he's just not the greatest fighter of the era. Pacquiao has clearly done more to prove his greatness in history.

Comment

• Originally posted by samouraï View Post
          Exactly. There's a difference between being great and being viewed as having great skills. I've always thought Mayweather has the edge in the matchup, but he's just not the greatest fighter of the era. Pacquiao has clearly done more to prove his greatness in history.

People may think I am crazy but I think Cotto needs to be put in the greatest fighter of the era as well. he gave us some very entertaining fights and fought everyone. Who can you say Cotto ducked?

Comment

• Originally posted by samouraï View Post
            I disagree. Losses , when you fight a opponent, and quality of opponent matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
              People may think I am crazy but I think Cotto needs to be put in the greatest fighter of the era as well. he gave us some very entertaining fights and fought everyone. Who can you say Cotto ducked?
              Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
              I disagree. Losses , when you fight a opponent, and quality of opponent matters.
              I agree with above
              Last edited by LEFTYGUNZZ; 01-26-2015, 08:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
                Yeah, that's how I see it.

Comment

• If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Comment

• is this the counter thread to Horus legendary 7lb pound theory thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                      is this the counter thread to Horus legendary 7lb pound theory thread?
                      No but send me the link and maybe I can read this legendary post!!

Comment

Working...
                      X