No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    People may think I am crazy but I think Cotto needs to be put in the greatest fighter of the era as well. he gave us some very entertaining fights and fought everyone. Who can you say Cotto ducked?
    I agree Cotto is one of eras best, but I think he was protected from FMJ at 140 and 147. I would not call that ducking, just POS Bob Arum. Also, the fight that just fell through would have been a special win if Cotto had beat Canelo.

Comment

• Floyd has to believe he will beat a guy before he will step into the ring. It takes courage to step up against someone you feel has a fair chance of doing damage! Floyd has wheels and speed. Slow tough guys bother Floyd none. He can always get on his wheels and pot shot. There is always an out. But against a guy that could run you down and out speed you? No where to run, no where to hide!

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        This was a good thread, I remember it well. Man, a lot has changed in five years. I remember at that point wondering if Mayweather was going to step up and take the Mosley fight. And if he didn't, everyone-including myself-would have thrown him in the bushes. But he did. And won very impressively.

Mayweather's career has been an interesting one and there is still another chapter left. It's a career that started very strong and then faltered as he hit 140/147. Then he went solo and made some huge fights. And at the height of it all, "retired." The Mosley win was a huge step-up. Shane was a fighter at the time neither Pacquiao nor Mayweather appeared interested in facing. Since then, he's racked up some excellent wins (Cotto, Canelo & previously Marquez). A Pacquiao fight would be a great finale, regardless of who wins.
        You were going to get on Floyd (thrown him in the bushes)?
        Floyd fought Mosley too late. Did you get on Floyd for not fighting prime Manny? Sergio Martinez?

Floyd waited until Mosley was inactive for almost 1.5 years and was old. Floyd even admitted that Mosley was getting OLD .....
        Even the interviewers here saw the writing on the wall and were calling out Floyd to fight Manny.

at about 4:20 min mark

"Shane Mosley is a lot older so we are going to attack him ...that is our game plan." - Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by ADP02; 01-26-2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          You were going to get on Floyd (thrown him in the bushes)?
          Floyd fought Mosley too late. Did you get on Floyd for not fighting prime Manny? Sergio Martinez?

Floyd waited until Mosley was inactive for almost 1.5 years and was old. Floyd even admitted that Mosley was getting OLD .....
          Even the interviewers here saw the writing on the wall and were calling out Floyd to fight Manny.

at about 4:20 min mark

"Shane Mosley is a lot older so we are going to attack him ...that is our game plan." - Floyd Mayweather

Wow, that video was a long time ago. 41-0, now he still hasn't fought Pac.. Dang, he really see Pac as his kryptonite.
          Last edited by Spoon23; 01-27-2015, 01:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            Wow, that video as a long time ago. 41-0, now he still hasn't fought Pac.. Dang, he really see Pac as his kryptonite.
            Yet IMDAZED didn't throw Floyd into the bushes, as he said.

Comment

• so is lefty back or is this reloaded? Im confused.....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                People may think I am crazy but I think Cotto needs to be put in the greatest fighter of the era as well. he gave us some very entertaining fights and fought everyone. Who can you say Cotto ducked?
                Sure, Cotto is one of the greatest of this era but still he lost to Pacquiao and Mayweather. People will always see Cotto below Pac and May in terms of greatness.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
                  I disagree. Losses , when you fight a opponent, and quality of opponent matters.
                  I disagree with you. Joe Calzaghe has no losses and have won against ATGs like Bhop and Jones but no one sees him as an ATG. Timing is what important here. Floyd fought the best when there are out of their prime or nearly shot. Skill alone is not the quality you need to become an ATG.

Still, I consider him as an ATG, but not greater than Pacquiao.

The way I see it, Pacquiao had more achievements than Mayweather but they will rank Mayweather higher than Pacquiao in ATG rankings because Pac is not American. And thats the sad part for me.

Comment

• Manny is the greatest fighter of this era

Comment

• Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
                      I disagree with you. Joe Calzaghe has no losses and have won against ATGs like Bhop and Jones but no one sees him as an ATG. Timing is what important here. Floyd fought the best when there are out of their prime or nearly shot. Skill alone is not the quality you need to become an ATG.

Still, I consider him as an ATG, but not greater than Pacquiao.

The way I see it, Pacquiao had more achievements than Mayweather but they will rank Mayweather higher than Pacquiao in ATG rankings because Pac is not American. And thats the sad part for me.
                      Him not being ranked higher than Mayweather has nothing to do with him not being American.

Also he contrary to popular belief pac didn't fight that much better competition than Floyd.

Pac gets more credit for fighting Floyd's common opponents who were already beaten by him, and at a later time when they were older and more shot.

Only thing people keep screaming is Morales and Barrera, well so the hell what.

Floyd schooled JMM who Pac never got a clear win over and got KOd by.
                      He clearly showed him that he's not on his level, WITH SKILL, NOT WEIGHT for all the complainers. Let me remind you that floyd is a true welter 147lber where these guys come in as middleweights at damn near 165, so the 2lbs wasn't a real disadvantage.

He also schooled Canelo who is a young beast and right after beat the living sh^t out of Angulo who just whipped on Lara.

Floyd came back strong after being hurt by Mosley and gave him a Jedi Master level ass whipping/outclassing.
                      To hell with saying Shane was off 18 months.
                      So what, he's a professional boxer and was the champion.
                      If he was home eating twinkles then that is his fault, if your in that position then your supposed to keep yourself sharp with training and sparring.

Where's the excuse that Floyd was off TWO years?
                      Well guess what? He kept himself sharp and outclassed JMM with no problem like he was his son.

Yes pac knocked Mosley down but, he couldn't really do anything with a ONE FOOTED Mosley, when shane kept turning him he didn't even know what to do with basic movement and Shane gave no real effort, he never even through a power punch at him.

People need to stop the bias and double standards man and be fair.
                      Last edited by blacraven; 01-27-2015, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X