Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• like you said, timing is key. maybe he ducked one guy or two legitly one time or another but no one can ever really know. the book his assistant put out really portrays his hectic ass life. as volatile mayweather is, anything is truly possible.

He also has like some little man syndrome or something. if someone say something to him, he answers back real defensive but it comes out very childish. interviewer can be like will you fight so and so, he says he wants it and he will beat you. then mayweather should say something decisive and hype up the fight or dismiss it like the guy is a chump. instead we hear **** like im tbe, #1ppv, he got so and so problems, im a boss. this **** is like when youre in grade school and you step to someone and he goes omg your breath stinks and then riles up all his buddies and cracks on your shoes, clothes, or whatever. you know the ***** didn't want it.

the best thing we can hope for is that mayweather really ****s on Ellerbe or someone else in his entourage and they come out with a real tell all book.
    Last edited by davidandrei; 01-23-2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
      He took on Corley, Bruseles and then Gatti at 140 lbs for titles. He moved to 147 to fight Shamba Mitchell, Judah and Baldomir for the lineal WW title. The cash cow came calling and he answered the bell and fought Oscar at 154lbs won a title there and some BIG MONEY. Went back down to 147 to meet Hatton for another big pay day.

All along people were calling for him to face legitimate WW like Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, Williams and Mosley. I understood business is business and if made sense to bring in those dollars. Stories arose about the supposed offer to fight Margarito for 8 million dollars brought on by Bob Arum and co. This video below came to light on the internet.

If the CHERRY PICKING talk was not starting already it was surely blasting off right about now. Although many thought it would be an EASY fight for Floyd and he was offered 8 million for it he turned it down. He instead fought Judah, Baldomir, Oscar and then Hatton. Below is a video made around the time he was supposed to be getting ready for a rematch with Oscar and was involved in wrestling.

Now whether it be due to negotiations his hands the WWE giving him millions to sign a contract with them he retired. Personally I think it had to do with the amount of money he made and the fact his hands were hurting him. he took a breather announced his retirement from the sport. I hold no grudges for that every man is entitled to call it quits when he feels he has no desire to continue. in our sport when you lose the desire to fight you often get hurt inside the ring.

Fast forward to 2008 Floyd is in trouble with the IRS. His real estate investments have gone sour. he is robbed for over 7 mil in jewels. it seems the so called king might be prime for a comeback. Is it $$$ motivated fans and critics ask come on fellas with Money Mayweather it is always about the money. So it is rumored he is in the gym training again and might be coming out of retirement to take on the TOP P4P fighters and earn himself a few nice paydays. Allow him to settle up with Uncle Sam and make a few margin calls bail out some real estate debts and so forth. Now I am thinking to myself I was hoping to see Floyd come back and fight I know Marquez is no slouch but what happened to Cotto, Clottey, Mosley heck even get in there with Berto or Collazo for that matter. Ok so I swallowed that pill and accepted it I said to myself Marquez is no slouch you can never measure the size of some ones heart and Marquez is a true warrior. Floyd is coming of a 18 month layoff and this will be a decent fight. Not! Floyd was quoted as it looked like a “Father playing with his little son” Below is a clip of highlights from the onsided affair.

There have been many out there who say Floyd contradicts himself and that his OWN RULES do not apply to him. He said he fought Marquez because he called him out. He goes on and on about Haymon and his people making his fights. Below is a vide clip of Floyd being interviewed after the Cotto Pacquiao fight and after his fight with JMM in the ring…

He tells so many lies that he forgets what he said. I can't see how anyone would like someone who claims to be the best but is so reluctant to prove it. All that aside he and Pacquiao had an opportunity to make one of the biggest bouts in the history of the sport. One of the most lucrative at that. Plenty of Money is involved here enough to make it more than worth Floyd “Money” Mayweather’s wild right? Wrong he submits to just about everything in the contract and goes for a 50/50 split but on one condition Pacquiao takes RANDOM BLOOD TESTS Is this just another Mayweather ploy to get out of a fight? With all the history behind FLoyd and his statements wh knows when he is telling the truth or not. His bad guy image played him flase one time too many.

Shame for me is I think Floyd mayweather Jr is P4P the most skilled fighter in the game right now. He may be the best of this era.

Great post

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
        Great post

Thank you for the karma my man!!!

Comment

Thank you for the karma my man!!!
          Someone asked in a thread when Floyd Mayweather ruined boxing. I made this post a few years back. Someone in that thread called for the link to this post. I brought it back to the top so we could take a second look at it.

Comment

Someone asked in a thread when Floyd Mayweather ruined boxing. I made this post a few years back. Someone in that thread called for the link to this post. I brought it back to the top so we could take a second look at it.
            I read your post. Do you still believe that?

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
              I read your post. Do you still believe that?
              Do I still believe what exactly?

Comment

Do I still believe what exactly?
                Post #1? Is that your belief now?

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
                  Post #1? Is that your belief now?
                  That he ducked Margarito?

Comment

• This was a good thread, I remember it well. Man, a lot has changed in five years. I remember at that point wondering if Mayweather was going to step up and take the Mosley fight. And if he didn't, everyone-including myself-would have thrown him in the bushes. But he did. And won very impressively.

Mayweather's career has been an interesting one and there is still another chapter left. It's a career that started very strong and then faltered as he hit 140/147. Then he went solo and made some huge fights. And at the height of it all, "retired." The Mosley win was a huge step-up. Shane was a fighter at the time neither Pacquiao nor Mayweather appeared interested in facing. Since then, he's racked up some excellent wins (Cotto, Canelo & previously Marquez). A Pacquiao fight would be a great finale, regardless of who wins.

Comment

That he ducked Margarito?
                      If that is part of you belief, then yes. You mentioned Manny also.

Comment

Working...
                      X