Clear All

• Originally posted by 2fast2strong423 View Post
    speak of the devil....
    first topic when i click back is
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=350142

case u were truly wondering
    yes I fugred as much bra....Lefty

Check my thread my man....

What now for Cotto? Cotto vs Chavez Jr in 2010?

Comment

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
      I can walk around all day saying I am the best at 147 but my actions tell you that I am reluctant to prove it. I speak about having an undefeated record and this guy has 5 losses and this guy got beat. The truth is if you fight top competition for along enough time eventually your are going to get beat.

Sugar Ray Robinson had 173 wins with 108 knock out. He fought most of his career at WW. He is recognized as the best MW ever by most. When he fought for the Light HW Championship against Joey Maxim he was out weighed by about 15lbs. He won that fight by TKO. He started out as a light weight and went 27-0 before moving up to WW back then there was no junior weight classes. You went from 135 to 147. He was 35-0 when he fought The Bronk Bull jake LaMotta. LaMotta was the MW Champion and Ray was coming up from Welter Welter Weight. Ray weighed 145 in that fight and Jake was 158lbs. Ray took the title from Jake that night. He was a WW fighting a MW and he was still knocking people out. He went from LW to LHW to KO the Champ at 175lbs.

So you are going to claim you are the best and compare yourself to a man like this who never backed down from a fight. A man who took every title from WW to LHW and not only fought and beat TOP competition but he himself was often the smaller man. he beat them and he stopped them dead in their tracks. Come on you are going to RED K me for making and obvious point in a thread that was unbiased just simply throwing around facts...Lefty
      Hey Left did you get a chance to read the article?

Comment

I can walk around all day saying I am the best at 147
        That's minor though if you have a problem with Floyd comparing himself to Robinson...most won't take him serious anyway...

Ali said he was The Greatest after beating Liston...

No problem with a boxer believing he can beat anyone put in front of him...

I only have a problem when you start discrediting what those guys did, like him pointing out Leonard lost to Camacho...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          What's your take on Floyd Mayweather? Hopefully not anything like the derranged Horus because if so, how can anyone have a reasonable debate with you?
          My take on Floyd is he is highly skilled. His ability to move and make people miss and also make them pay is second to none. I think he created a persona for himself that he needs to live up too and it is hard to carry a mirror around all day and still guard your grill without letting it drop and smash to the ground my friend....I think he runs his mouth sort of like Ali but Ali did it in a different way and the times were different too. If Floyd was more liked and fought some of the fighters he did he might not get picked on as much for it.

The fact he blatantly is fighting for money and contradicts himself too much is a hard pill for me to swallow. Frankly I watch Floyd mayweather fights because I want to see if the other guy has what it takes to beat him not to see him dominate. It is like I got into the fight expecting him to win. Must be a hard burden to carry around for him to know that fans expect greatness. But when you go around preaching that you are THE GREATEST OF YOUR ERA then I guess that heavy burden comes along with those words.

Honestly and I have said it before if he finished out his career with 3 more fight and lost 1 of them but fought TOP WW say Mosley, Pacquiao and maybe a rematch to one of those guys if he happened to lose a fight I would respect him more than if he pulled a Joe Calzaghe and retired with the 0. I don't doubt his skills or the business sense he posses. I respect him for what he can do and what he has already accomplished I just think that as a boxer who is possibly the Best Of This Era you need to give back to the fans and the sport that has given so much to you.

It is like you can forgive a fighter for taking a few gimmes if he fights a hard fight after a tune up. You can accept a bad album from your favorite group if they come back with a banger the next time. I will support my team if they lose knowing they are going to come hard the next week. It is acceptable to me. But to pay $50 to see a gloryfied sparring session time in and time out is too much for me. That Baldomir fight was horrid. Floyd should have finished him off and yes maybe he needed time off to properly heal his hands and now he is back. So all i really want is to see him make good on his promise and go after the fighters on that hit list of his...Lefty

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rabbit Punch- View Post
            Hey Left did you get a chance to read the article?
            Just read it my friend would be a very good sell point for Floyd if it is true. If it is when he does get called a DUCKER than why doesn;t he bring up these points? I believe it could be true we all know boxing is a business and that $$$ talks and BS walks...I could see uncle Bob being a slimy scuzz bucket and low balling people to pocket more $$$ for himself and his partners....Still if it is 100% true than why hasn't it been brought to the attention f the public?. Also if it is true than I am 100% wrong but preception is key and the preceivable notion to the general public and the boxing fans world wide is that we still didn't get these fights and even though Floyd made out we lost...Lefty

Comment

Just read it my friend would be a very good sell point for Floyd if it is true. If it is when he does get called a DUCKER than why doesn;t he bring up these points? I believe it could be true we all know boxing is a business and that $$$ talks and BS walks...I could see uncle Bob being a slimy scuzz bucket and low balling people to pocket more $$$ for himself and his partners....Still if it is 100% true than why hasn't it been brought to the attention f the public?. Also if it is true than I am 100% wrong but preception is key and the preceivable notion to the general public and the boxing fans world wide is that we still didn't get these fights and even though Floyd made out we lost...Lefty
              Yeah I ran across it a month or two ago but I have yet to find another article or video supporting that story. Sooo, for right now I have to believe he did duck Marg. As a former Mayweather fan myself I'd like to believe it but like you said, it has never been brought up. Mayweather to me hasn't been the same fighter/person since he left Top Rank. This story would def excuse him if it were true.

Comment

My take on Floyd is he is highly skilled. His ability to move and make people miss and also make them pay is second to none. I think he created a persona for himself that he needs to live up too and it is hard to carry a mirror around all day and still guard your grill without letting it drop and smash to the ground my friend....I think he runs his mouth sort of like Ali but Ali did it in a different way and the times were different too. If Floyd was more liked and fought some of the fighters he did he might not get picked on as much for it.

The fact he blatantly is fighting for money and contradicts himself too much is a hard pill for me to swallow. Frankly I watch Floyd mayweather fights because I want to see if the other guy has what it takes to beat him not to see him dominate. It is like I got into the fight expecting him to win. Must be a hard burden to carry around for him to know that fans expect greatness. But when you go around preaching that you are THE GREATEST OF YOUR ERA then I guess that heavy burden comes along with those words.

Honestly and I have said it before if he finished out his career with 3 more fight and lost 1 of them but fought TOP WW say Mosley, Pacquiao and maybe a rematch to one of those guys if he happened to lose a fight I would respect him more than if he pulled a Joe Calzaghe and retired with the 0. I don't doubt his skills or the business sense he posses. I respect him for what he can do and what he has already accomplished I just think that as a boxer who is possibly the Best Of This Era you need to give back to the fans and the sport that has given so much to you.

It is like you can forgive a fighter for taking a few gimmes if he fights a hard fight after a tune up. You can accept a bad album from your favorite group if they come back with a banger the next time. I will support my team if they lose knowing they are going to come hard the next week. It is acceptable to me. But to pay $50 to see a gloryfied sparring session time in and time out is too much for me. That Baldomir fight was horrid. Floyd should have finished him off and yes maybe he needed time off to properly heal his hands and now he is back. So all i really want is to see him make good on his promise and go after the fighters on that hit list of his...Lefty
                This is a very reasonable post. Talent-wise, Floyd is the best I've seen. That said, I'd rank Jones, Pacquiao, Holyfield, Hopkins and maybe Toney ahead of him all-time (among active fighters). It's now or never for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  This is a very reasonable post. Talent-wise, Floyd is the best I've seen. That said, I'd rank Jones, Pacquiao, Holyfield, Hopkins and maybe Toney ahead of him all-time (among active fighters). It's now or never for him.
                  This sums it up my man.....

"People walk around trying to be something they aren't...they hold up this mirror to reflect an image which they wish to portray to others. All along smiling pretending to be somone else...Eventually the mirror gets to heavy to carry and comes crashing down...Now all that is left is broken glass... Now everyone can see...... your true face...I rather be hated for who I am then loved for who I am not"...Lefty

"I rather have tried and lost knowing I gave it my best than claim to be the best without ever really proving it. "....Lefty

Comment

• Floyd is a beast Lefty, this is 1 way to look at it and much respect too because you ain't just write out your ass u know you showed videos and stated facts unlike a lot of others on here so props to you but I have to disagree. Floyd tried to fight Tszyu, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya, Freitas, Hatton (140) etc.. he tried to get them ALL yet they ALL had an excuse, now they want to back lanes and try to fight? Hatton fought him and got beat, Oscar too and so will Shane or whoever else you can name to me that is within Floyd's reach, I TRULY believe he will retire undefeated but no he didn't duck nobody

Comment

• Originally posted by crillz View Post
                      Floyd is a beast Lefty, this is 1 way to look at it and much respect too because you ain't just write out your ass u know you showed videos and stated facts unlike a lot of others on here so props to you but I have to disagree. Floyd tried to fight Tszyu, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya, Freitas, Hatton (140) etc.. he tried to get them ALL yet they ALL had an excuse, now they want to back lanes and try to fight? Hatton fought him and got beat, Oscar too and so will Shane or whoever else you can name to me that is within Floyd's reach, I TRULY believe he will retire undefeated but no he didn't duck nobody
                      Check out these two threads

3 REASON why FLOYD is 1 STEP AHEAD of MANNY ARUM AND ROACH

GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT TALK with LEFTY "PILLAR TO POST'

Comment

Working...
                      X