Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermain Taylor Withdraws From Super Six Tournament!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank God!!! Good move and good luck.

Comment

damn thats to bad actully im kind of happy though because i thought Jermain had a very good chance of beating Ward

i wonder who they bring in Bute would be a good pick him and Ward would be a good match up

Comment

Jermain,

Thank you for all you have done and all you have shown us in the ring. A hard decision but the right one.

Dear fans,

Lucian Bute will not be entering the Super Six. As much as he deserves to, he will not. He is currently an HBO fighter. The Super Six is on SHOWTIME. This is a conflict of interest.

Comment

It is rumored that Taylor was asking for a $1 million buyout of the Super Six (he stood to earn $4 million if he stayed and fought Ward and Kessler)... hopefully he was also smart enough to negotiate some future dates with Showtime since he plans to box again at some point.

Comment

Think he made the right decision. Take a long break. And see where your mind is in a year or two.

Comment

Good call for Taylor, but i still think he could have caused problems for some in the tournament.

Comment

Damn I thought he stood a chance to beat Ward, Kessler and Dirrell. One of my favorite fighters. Well if you're reading this, good luck Jermain i'm still a big fan of yours! And I hope you really do come back.

Comment

good on you champ,he needs to take a long break and good luck to him

Comment

So, how does that work for whoever replaces him? Points wise...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                      Good call for Taylor, but i still think he could have caused problems for some in the tournament.
                      I agree that he could have still posed problems for Ward and Kessler, but when the time comes that you're posing the biggest problems to yourself, well... it's time to step back and re-evaluate your options.

Comment

Working...
                      X