Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Clottey: No Catch-Weight Needed Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks for Cotto wonder what he has to say about this.That's good, no catchweight I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass though, even though i can not see Clottey winning unless he uses his infamous head. Clottey by headbutts ..

Comment

Arum knows that a catch weight is not needed because this an easy win for pac. Clottey lacks offense and gasses out of fights. He'll stay in that shell defense all night and throw one or two punches from it. Pac will just T off on him while he's in that shell defense and if by miracle clottey doesn't get KO'd he'll lose unanimously on the score cards. Easy win for Pac, Arum is even lining up Pacs next opponent as we speak. Enough with these smoke and mirror fights man.

Comment

epo

NO NEED FOR A CATCH WEIGHT WHEN YR BLOOD IS RIDDLED WITH EPO AND MASS AMOUNTS OF OXYGEN.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus25 View Post
          NO NEED FOR A CATCH WEIGHT WHEN YR BLOOD IS RIDDLED WITH EPO AND MASS AMOUNTS OF OXYGEN.
          prove it or get reported

Comment

this is simply unfair to cotto even though panda doesnt believe the result of their fight wouldve changed

saying pac was testing the waters @ 147 and validating cotto having to weigh in @ 145 is kind of a paradox to his goal: winning a world title in a 7th weight class

now clottey who is perceived as less of a danger is allowed to come in @ 147

what does this say about pac?

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
              Roach has never put a restriction on any fighters' rehydration weight. It's a myth.
              there was a rehydration clause for oscar.....

he couldn't weigh in over 147 for the weigh-in.....he couldn't rehydrate to over 147 for the fight.....there was a 1 million dollar per pound penalty....

Comment

Originally posted by csko-2k1 View Post
                he doesn't need catchweight for clottey but for cotto he did!!two pounds killed cotto,,two pounds helped mayweather vs marquez,,,cotto was skinnier that ever vs manny,,pacquiao didn,t even want 14 day random etc..taken..pacquiao is taking these fights but out of all i think this one might be true,cause he isn't gonna drain this guy like the others....but watch him come out with something at the end,,,catchweight at 140 vs clottey!!!!!!
                I would agree on one thing... Cotto was supposed to be a bigger man than Pacquaio, but, for sure, he didn`t look bigger on fight night...

Comment

Oh,no catch weight for Clottey.Roach must be confident of Manny winning in this one.Thats it boys,keep picking and choosing who Manny needs to fight at catch weights and who he doesn't.I guess Mannys team were second guessing a win for the Cotto fight..lol If there is any kind of threat that Manny can lose to his opponent then they throw in the restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Manny Pacquiao's defense of the WBO welterweight title against Joshua Clottey will not involve a catch-weight. Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told the Manila Bulletin that Pacquiao-Clottey will have no weight stipulations. The fight will be Pacquiao's third at welterweight. He fought and stopped Oscar De La Hoya in 2008. He moved down to 140 to knock Ricky Hatton out last May and then returned to welterweight in November to win the title from Miguel Cotto but there was a catch-weight of 145. With all of the catch-weight fights in the sport, it's refreshing to see a title being defended at the actual division limit. [Click Here To Read More]
                    The fix is in....Clottey has been paid to lay down! What a sham!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by csko-2k1 View Post
                      he doesn't need catchweight for clottey but for cotto he did!!two pounds killed cotto,,two pounds helped mayweather vs marquez,,,cotto was skinnier that ever vs manny,,pacquiao didn,t even want 14 day random etc..taken..pacquiao is taking these fights but out of all i think this one might be true,cause he isn't gonna drain this guy like the others....but watch him come out with something at the end,,,catchweight at 140 vs clottey!!!!!!

Pre-fight:

"Its no concern of mine whether it is 145 pounds or not," Cotto said.

"That is the usual weight that we cut down to for the weigh in, and in the ring—on fight night—I will go up eight to 10 pounds, so actually during the fight I will weigh around 155," stated Cotto.

Post-fight:

"I felt really good at that weight. It wasn't a problem for me."

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                      X