No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Clottey: No Catch-Weight Needed Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
    Fdotorres, the only opponent Pac needs to be fighting is Mayweather, that u are on this Arum created Clottey bandwagon shows what kind of fan u are. No one wants Pac-Clottey, they want Floyd.
    not true

there's a lot of potential fights for pacquiao out there, mayweather being the biggest of them all

that doesn't mean that the ONLY one should be pac/floyd, especially while floyd is on the process of creating his own boxing commission

Comment

Originally posted by BadBrains View Post
      Who looks more like a b**ch, Mayweather or De La Hoya?

De La Hoya, a 154 lber, made Pacquiao, a guy who had 1 fight against a paper champion at lightweight (135 lbs) with a fight at 130lb before that, go up to 147 lbs to meet him there thinking it was an easy fight. During the event though, he got hoeslapped so bad that he retired.

Mayweather on the other hand made Marquez, a 36 year old guy who had 2 fights at lightweight and was obvious that even at that weight, his speed and punching power wasn't that great anymore, go up to 144 lbs thinking it was an easy fight, but still came in above the catchweight to 146 lbs to further seal his victory which was already obvious. It was a shutout victory by Mayweather.

To be honest, I chose Oscar... I was always a big Pacquiao fan. Ever since he beat Ledwaba. But, the night he stomped on Oscar. Especially after Oscar ducked Margarito, WInky, Forrest, and Martinez. And, decided to pick on a LW. And, then Pac made that ***** quit. That night I became a *******....

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa-Q View Post
        can you give mayweather porops for fighting matthew hatton?
        LOL
        That fight wont happen.

Comment

I´m not paying for this fight, that´s for sure....

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
            Fdotorres, the only opponent Pac needs to be fighting is Mayweather, that u are on this Arum created Clottey bandwagon shows what kind of fan u are. No one wants Pac-Clottey, they want Floyd.
            your an idiot. a lot of people want to see pac clottey. it will be a better fight than against floyd who is a counterpuncher who never takes risks. hell the guy wouldn't even take risks against a small lightweight in marquez and that was after floyd didn't make weight. i'm sure a lot of top guys would love to fight floyd but it will never happen cause floyd don't want to fight them. he would rather fight a guy like malinaggi or m.hatton. I DON'T WANT TO SEE PAC FIGHT FLOYD UNTIL FLOYD HAS FOUGHT 1 GUY IN THE TOP 5 AT WELTERWEIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              But yet, he needed one for Cotto.!!!!!
              Well, if you did not realize, that was a fight to see if he could handle strong WW's and he passed with flying colors. Had he struggled mightily and got hurt in that fight, and won a close fight or lost he probably would have dropped to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                Yeah. I don't get it. Why not? On the other hand, what was the purpose of asking for one w/Cotto?

I'd really like some explanation other than just bein' called names for asking the question...
                why not what? why is he not asking for a catch weight with clottey? Probably because clottey couldnt make a catch weight. Also it wouldnt make much difference. Clottey is going to be heavier than pac on the night. Hes freaking massive at welter, but hes a stationary, plod forward, physical type fighter, and pac will pick him to pieces regardless of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                  That fight wont happen.
                  let's just say it will happen, can you give him props?

Comment

This is going to be a very interesting fight - in the spirit of a true fighter. Assume that this is a prelude for a Pacman move to 154 lb title. Just a few fighters give odds like this and they are really great!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Cuff V2 View Post
                      My join date was Jan 2009 but my main account was banned for mentioning other boxing forums.

I am fully aware of how the dickheads here operate.

Okay, didn't know you wer banned here.

Comment

Working...
                      X