Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Clottey: No Catch-Weight Needed Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clottey will win

Originally posted by dom329 View Post
    don't forget about clotty's tight defense. I just wonder if clotty can keep it up for the whole fight and not fade away. Either way this fight will be a good fight and clotty shouldnt be underestimated.
    because they will take pac off the roids so he looks human to the
    public and have his first loss in awhile, then the heat will be off of pacman.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
      im gonna be real, how in the **** could you possibly lend any credibility to freddie roach at the moment with all of the contridictions and lies that have been passed on for the last 2 months? Seriously. Mayweathers team, ellerbe and the rest of them are some ****in liars themselves, but to lend any credibility to that 154lb **** doesnt make ANY sense.

I really wanna know why you would even take that claim serious, especially since the "wiggle room" turned out to be a 10million dollar penalty for anything over 147lbs. explain youre position.
      I honestly don't see it out of the realm of possibility of Mayweather team/GBP asking for 154. Not saying they wanted to fight at 154. But, just throw 154 out there in order to cutout that catch-weight bull****... So honestly bro I don't think it was that far fetched. I think it was more like lets make sure at the 147 limit by team Mayweather. I mean if you don't think that is possible then OK, I respect your opinion...

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        I honestly don't see it out of the realm of possibility of Mayweather team/GBP asking for 154. Not saying they wanted to fight at 154. But, just throw 154 out there in order to cutout that catch-weight bull****... So honestly bro I don't think it was that far fetched. I think it was more like lets make sure at the 147 limit by team Mayweather. I mean if you don't think that is possible then OK, I respect your opinion...
        I see what you are saying that makes more sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          So you idiots are saying if the guy is a threat, they need to handicap the guy?

Damn *******s are so ******ed!
          Cotto was in a higher weight class, Pac was the bigger star, so Cotto had to come down a little to meet him. Now that Pacs good at 147, he doesnt need a catchweight. If he moves up to 154 I bet youll see him start. with a catchweight there too

My condolences on Cotto getting owned by that little guy.

Comment

• Damn I guess patience does pay off. At first clottey was looking at a fight on fox sports, now since he cancelled that he basically won the lottery in a seven figure payday..hopefully 2010 will bring no more catchweights, don't care who the bigger draw is.

Comment

• Maybe this lil Pac/Floyd fiasco did some good because now
              everyone seems to be willing to fight someone not just a
              Mega pay day or superstars in Boxing.

Comment

• Glad there is no catchweight in this one, Great to see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                  LMAO-its almost like Arum is trying to use the "no catchweight this time" as a major selling point of this fight! I wonder if they are putting the new acquired diamond belt on the line..It's not getting me to reach into my wallet for this ppv....its gonna be free streaming for this one...
                  I feel you on that. I won't pay for this one either. I'll go somewhere and watch it on someone elses dime or just watch the replay.

Comment

• Makes a change that arum/pac dont wanna cathcweight. They drained Cotto. CLottey is a big/strong welterweight. He might cuade pac some problems.

www.twitter.com/JonoYoungP4P

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray` View Post
                      Glad there is no catchweight in this one, Great to see that.
                      To be fair to Pac he has only had 1 catch-weight fight. Oscar and Pavlik had more catch-weight fights than Pac. But, for some reason Floyd fans and Pac haters made it seem like Pac whole career was going to be catch-weight fights...

Comment

Working...
                      X