No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Clottey: No Catch-Weight Needed Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this should be a good fight.
    Pac really does have balls and will fight anybody..
    good on him.

Comment

• Give it up, man!

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
      Didnt he fougthh DLH at 147?.

You *******s are worst hipocrits than the *****s!
      But Pac previous fight before DLH is on lightweight. You have to understand that it the way these weights are negotiated. You should consider what weight the fighters came from.

You're just finding excuses on Pac's beat down on cotto. Give it up, man. Even Cotto acknowledged it. Why can't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Cotto was in a higher weight class, Pac was the bigger star, so Cotto had to come down a little to meet him. Now that Pacs good at 147, he doesnt need a catchweight. If he moves up to 154 I bet youll see him start. with a catchweight there too

My condolences on Cotto getting owned by that little guy.
        Clottey is a good but he's very defensive Manny should be able to deal with him. Only guys who are considered a threat are forced to drain themselves if they want to fight Manny.

Making someone come down in weight to test the water is nonsense this is all a game and Manny and Floyd are playing chess that's why they're both considered the best and people like you fall for it.
        Last edited by biglou88; 01-11-2010, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• another reason to call floyd a pu$$y... damn the page is getting full.
          floyd surprise me pleaze, say you would fight the winner of berto-mosley, and i will give props, dont fight paulie or matthew... pacquiao is stacking up his legacy as one of the best ever by continuing to face risky opponents..mayweather hasnt even established himself as a force in the welterweight division, since he refuses to fight any of them.

Comment

• roach also said there is no catchweight. let's get it on!

Comment

• And in saying so he admits one WAS needed to fight Cotto, and likely in addition to some other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                Looks have nothing to do with it, I bet Pac knocks him out too. They are not going to put Pac in there with someone that will whoop his ass. Not only is Roach a great trainer, he's a great match maker as well. Watch Clottey vs Cotto and see how Cotto drops him with a solid jab in the first. Yes it may have been the first round but it wasn't like a huge hook, just a solid jab. If Cotto can do that to Clottey, Pac can knock him out. Clottey is no better that Cotto, IMO. If so he's just a little better.
                I don`t think Clottey is better than Cotto. The only aspect he is better in is his chin...

In that fight two things happened at the same time - Cotto threw a jab and Clottey moved forward - no way he could go through the punch of such heavy-handed guy like Cotto undamaged...

Comment

• Originally posted by brutus25 View Post
                  because they will take pac off the roids so he looks human to the
                  public and have his first loss in awhile, then the heat will be off of pacman.
                  I was thinking the same exact thing when I heard the fight was signed....this sounds just waaaay to interesting and wanting to watch.

Comment

• This fight won't be easy...anyone can say that Clottey is always in his shell and doesn't throw enough punches, but what people don't know is that if your constantly punching at someone's elbows or gloves when they are covering themselves then you will lose steam in your punches and you get tired of it because you aren't hitting solidly (almost like throwing a punch in the air and missing)...and the worst part about it is...the other guy isn't getting hurt.

So what happens when you lose steam and all of a sudden the guy comes out of his shell and throws his combo's at you especially with Clottey, who does it best and how its taught in the gym....body, then head...body, body, then head. I think he throws the most crispful body to head punches since Mickey Ward. If Manny moves like he does and appears to be in shape, can stick and move then he has a shot...but I don't think this will be an easy fight at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ophqui View Post
                      why not what? why is he not asking for a catch weight with clottey? Probably because clottey couldnt make a catch weight. Also it wouldnt make much difference. Clottey is going to be heavier than pac on the night. Hes freaking massive at welter, but hes a stationary, plod forward, physical type fighter, and pac will pick him to pieces regardless of weight.
                      the way i see it, the catchweight during the cotto fight was part of roach's strategy to throw-off cotto's camp which already was a mess. they know cotto can reach 145 easy.

they don't need a catchweight now because they already know pac can handle WW punches. i would love to see this fight to see pac's true power, but i'm guessing this fight will be the same as the pac-diaz fight.

this is my first post, pls be kind.
                      Last edited by wormee; 01-12-2010, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X