Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: All That’s Golden Doesn’t Glitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hommie are you trying tell me that promoting a fight between Pacquioa & either the featherfisted Magic man or Yuri "drained out" Foreman is the real thing. Was your head next to Bob Arum's lap as you typed up this article?

Comment

Top Rank isn't any better than Golden Boy either. They put lame fights on like the one that's coming up between Juan Ma and Luevano. That fight has chess match written all over it. As much as I bash Juan Ma when it comes to certain things, I know that's not his fault because Luevano fights scared when he gets tagged. And then you have a guy who has over 10 losses coming off a loss fighting Gamboa. Those fights are not HBO worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by lead_right View Post
        Its not GBP fault that the Pac/Roid issue got out.

If Pac just said yes..we dont have a story.,
        Bull-****in'-****. Not only did they run a press release on it, but did so two days before Christmas - this after Schaefer promised to remain mum on all matters regarding this fight, until it was signed or officially dead.

Before that, the steroid issue was limited to the ramblings of Floyd Mayweather Sr., and whispers from a couple of other fighters who've had absolutely nothing to do with Pacquiao's career to that point.

Sorry, but that was a well-placed bomb that they planted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Reality View Post
          Hommie are you trying tell me that promoting a fight between Pacquioa & either the featherfisted Magic man or Yuri "drained out" Foreman is the real thing. Was your head next to Bob Arum's lap as you typed up this article?
          Where in the article did I applaud such fights? Or even mention them? So no, that's not what I'm trying to tell you.

Comment

And then Top Rank has the nerve to put Pacquiao in with Malinaggi or Foreman. Putting it on PPV probably too. And you notice of how everytime a fight between two fighters that are managed by Al Haymon and Bob Arum that is either a done deal or in the works falls apart some way? I wonder why that is. I think this article is good. But a separate one needs to be done about Top Rank's faults as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
              Bull-****in'-****. Not only did they run a press release on it, but did so two days before Christmas - this after Schaefer promised to remain mum on all matters regarding this fight, until it was signed or officially dead.

Before that, the steroid issue was limited to the ramblings of Floyd Mayweather Sr., and whispers from a couple of other fighters who've had absolutely nothing to do with Pacquiao's career to that point.

Sorry, but that was a well-placed bomb that they planted.
              Co-sign. Amen to everything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                And then Top Rank has the nerve to put Pacquiao in with Malinaggi or Foreman. Putting it on PPV probably too. And you notice of how everytime a fight between two fighters that are managed by Al Haymon and Bob Arum that is either a done deal or in the works falls apart some way? I wonder why that is. I think this article is good. But a separate one needs to be done about Top Rank's faults as well.
                I agree with you on those fights and will go on record to say this...

In the absence of Pac-Maywather, I'd rather see Pac-Bradley and Mayweather v. any top welterweight. Anything else would simply be unacceptable - not to mention potentially damaging to the sport.

Comment

For me, not pacquiao, top rank, or the mayweathers are to be blamed for this the most, but golden boy promotions. They really f***ed it up.

Comment

Re All That's Golden Doesn't Glitter

How aptly you have put it! GBP's hypocrisy is EXPOSED!

Comment

If this fight doesn't fall through, then boxing is going down hill which it has been for a while now.

That is why MMA is growing cause there isn't ****** things like this taking place

Comment

Working...
                      X