No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test - Merged Thread:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/12/5...r-fails-nevada

So, here we have a case of a post fight drug test being failed. Suspension is being thrown around. He isn't losing all his money. He isn't being banned.

THIS is my thinking; if Manny failed the test AFTER the fight; damage done. It won't be an easy 'title stripped, banned from sport' sort of action. Manny has high-priced lawyers, etc. It's not going to be open and shut, should he fail. Thus, prevent that bull**** now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RepublicaEnemy1 View Post
      "The plug is pulled. The fight is off as far as we're concerned," he said, adding that he expects Pacquiao to fight on that date but is seeking a new opponent.

"All they're doing is harassing Pacquiao. I'm not going to allow it to happen," Arum said. "We're willing to do urine analysis at random even though we don't have to do it under Nevada rules. … I know deep down Mayweather doesn't want the fight. He can take a walk."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxin...pacquiao_N.htm
      By Saturday, Arum will be ready to "officially" announce that the fight has been signed. Anyone who believes anything that comes out of Bob Arum's or Freddie Roach's mouths should be "tested" because you are certainly mentally ill. If you don't believe me, think about this: Arum is getting 27 percent of Pac's $40 million, plus virtually ALL of the promoter's money. THERE IS NO WAY THIS FIGHT IS GOING TO BE CALLED OFF!
      Last edited by big_james10; 12-23-2009, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        i wouldn't mind random testing.

the problem is it's not the nevada state athletic commision or a sanctioning body asking for these tests.

it's an opponent. makes it more complicated.

if a commission/league/association of a sport orders things for everyone , it's not a big problem.

when a fellow fighter is making another fighter do something that no one else has to do , it becomes a game of chicken.

both sides will start hurling insults and accusations and it could kill a possible fight.
        Yea, but I don't have a problem with a fighter asking for that even if the reason they ask for it is pretty much baseless.

I don't know exactly what to think but I know it is not a good look and people rightly or wrongly will wonder if he is hiding something, and teh people who were already making accusation will feel vindicated and have an acutal arguement especially if the fight does not go through.

It is a pretty bad situation for the sport: big fight not happeaning...check, lingering question marks that will haunt one of the biggest stars check..., dumb **** getting talked about instead of the actual sport... check

I rally can't imagine a worse case scenario then what is currently going on, **** I would rather Floyd just ducked the fight because way less harm would come from that since he would still probably fight someone.

Comment

• this sport is not based on superstitions my friend. he's clearly hidding something.

Comment

• its even made headlines
            http://m.www.yahoo.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Mugabe View Post
              The problem is the timing.Manny doesnt want to get tested 30 days before the fight.Drugs have cycles,that's when he will get caught.He doesnt mind 5 minutes after the fight because he will have made his money.
              Great point.

Comment

• Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
                Publicity stunt. Too much money to throw it all away over some dumb **** like blood tests. Fight will happen even if it's re-scheduled.
                Yeah...just a couple of weeks ago Arum was basically calling Manny a ***** if he didnt sign the contract and all of a sudden he is being overprotective. give me a break they need to cut the bull**** and make the damn fight happen already

Comment

• Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
                  YOu know what, **** it, cancel this ****. This will be bad for boxing, this will leave a huge mark and can easily kill boxing for a long time. ****ing Gayweathers are a bunch of low life douchebags.
                  It hurts boxing and it hurts Pacquiaos career, a lot of people will jump to the conclusion that refusing to take a drug test means he's takes PEDs.

Comment

• This is UTTER FECKING BULL****!!!!!!

How in god's green earth did it come to this? Let me get this straight, Pacquiao who has headlined in 10 Las Vegas fights & NEVER TESTED POSITIVE FOR A SINGLE STEROID IS NOW OFFICIALLY A STEROID USER BECAUSE A TEST THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL BOXING IN AMERICA IS NOW BEING USED & EVEN THOUGH PACQUIAO HAS AGREED TO TESTING BEFORE THE FIGHT & AFTER, ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

When did Floyd SENIOR become the jose canseco of boxing & steroids? Does he have experience in using steroids? Does he have any evidence of steroid use? Where is the smoking gun other than a spiteful, bitter, baseless, jealous accusation? Where is the boxing version of brian mcnamee?

If this is started, how will the las vegas boxing commission's tests & crediblity survive? What will happen to future mega fights? Baseless accusations will start & fuel tests that over step the legal boxing commission in the state of nevada? When will it end?

What about the past history of all las vegas fights? They didnt take olympic testing. What about the boxers who tested negative using las vegas testing? Should we brand them as cheaters?

It seems like team mayweather is trying to make Pac jump through endless hoops.

They dont want the fight anywhere but vegas where Fraudulent jr. lives.

They want 10 oz boxing gloves & 154. They sign for 147 where Pacquiao only has 2 fights but Fraudulent jr. has 5 fights. 9 fights 140 & over. Pacquiao one.

They want to fight in march. Pacquiao agrees.

They want olympic style testing with blood draws. Pac has agreed to the blood draw before (30 days) & after the fight.

Why is Pac subjected to a test that is totally different, unrelated to the required test to fight in las vegas? Now he's a cheater because he has never failed the required drug test in vegas but is now branded a cheater for a test that is not even for professional boxing?

What more do you want?

Comment

• Days before the Pacquiao-Cotto fight, Floyd was already training for a fight to be held in England, supposedly a tuneup before he fights the Pacquiao-Cotto winner. This was reported by I think Brad Cooney. Even his uncle Jeff Mayweather mentioned this on record. So it comes as no surprise that Floyd is actually doing everything so that Pacquiao will back out of the fight. All along he wanted to fight Matthew Hatton in England.

Comment

Working...
                      X