No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test - Merged Thread:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FELiX STURM View Post
    How much is this fight gonna make? over 50 million? I mean if there's nothing to worry about why not take the blood test? If he could deal with an damaged ear drum cotto sustained him during the fight why not take a blood test which will cost him 2 min of his time?
    Because these drug rumour have come from within Mayweather's own camp. Defamation, plain and simple.

There is something going on behind the scenes that the general public are not party to. Negotiation tactics.

Comment

• Team Mayweather would probably not agree to blood being drawn after the fight because what if Floyd loses? Yeah, they would change it to a NC probably if Pac tested positive, but Floyd's image would take a hit he's not willing to risk. Or at least that's just my opinion.

Pac being superstitious or scared of needles has nothing to do with how tough he is in the ring if this is the real reason he doesn't want blood taken out of him. Even a straight-up cold blooded killer or thug might jump on the nearest chair and cry like a ***** from seeing a mouse (not even a rat) or a spider.

I wish they would just allow Pac to give the blood sample after the fight. (Don't really know much at all about the "cycling" periods of steroid use. If it's true they can time it, so he's "clean" after the fight, then I can see the problem. But a mind **** can be damaging to a fighter. I guess we got a Catch-22 masochistic boxing fans were subconsciously hoping for.)

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        the thing that bothers me about all this is the damage is already done. People will think that about pac no matter what now.

If Pacquiao takes the tests and beats mayweather, people will just say he wasn't on his cycle during the tests and they didn't catch it in time. If Floyd beats the crap out of Pacquiao, people will say it was because Pacquiao couldn't juice for the fight.

The damage is done regardless what happens from here on out, all because Floyd Sr. starting talking **** about Pacquiao.

That's my reasoning for wanting something out it.
        Not in my opinion. If Pac agrees to olympic testing, and passes... I don't think we will hear any excuses.

And anyone that gave any, would be dismissed as an idiot.

Comment

• [QUOTE=HaglerSteelChin;7046144]
          Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post

Truer words couldnt have been spoken. Many *******s have accused Floyd being juiced yet he is willing to take the tests which are similar to the State of California does to both boxers and MMA fighters. Also guys like Cintron and Malignaggi have made direct accusations. Why not say here is Mother-F$*cking blood i am Clean to the whole world? Is he more afraid of a needle or Mayweather?
          bro he has 40-50 MILLION reasons to take these tests....**** is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            I agree about the false accusations, they are malicious and Floyd Sr should be sued for defamation.

As far as the testing, I like it... this is the most important fight that I will personally witness live. The highest grossing fight, the biggest bragging rights, and the biggest PPV audience ever.

The only thing this does for me, is absolutely ensure, that this fight is 110% dead even fair on both sides.

Both fighters will undergo the same exact testing routine.
            ive been saying that manny should have sued floyd sr. for talking out of his ass. i knew it would grow into something like this.

i find it unfair that someone accomplished as pacquiao has been put in such a difficult position where he is made to do something that he is not comfortable with just to refute baseless accusations.

if they are using this to hype the fight or as a bargaining chip, i would be pissed off. this doesn't hurt only manny but the sport as a whole.

i personally think that tests after the fight would be sufficient to clear manny of his name. that way, he doesn't have to take the tests at a time he is uncomfortable with (i think it has to do with blood drawn from the morales fight) and clear his name at the same time.

if manny eventually agrees with all of floyd's demands regarding testing conditions and pass all the tests, i say he sue floyd sr. for all his worth.

Comment

• I dont understand why the testing should be different or "special" just for this fight. Thats complete bollox.

Comment

• According to Dan Rafael's report on ESPN.com, Team Mayweather and Golden Boy agreed to all terms of the fight, including the $10 million per pound above 147.

I'm a Pacquiao fan, but he's the one holding up the fight, not Floyd. Pacquiao has no reason to refuse the testing unless he has something to hide.

Comment

• It appears PacMan has somthing to hide!

If he is not using the juice why is he afraid to be tested by the highest standards. It appears that Pac-Man is afraid of Mr Mayweather and is trying to find away out of the fight. Pac-Man stop cheating on your wife and take the Olympic style testes.

Comment

• Haha whats next

Lets be honest with all of us boxing fans! This fight was being signed and agreed too fast for something not to come up... Usually its money mayweather that is the one laggin to signed, this time he did it first! Pacquiao to me is not on roids, however who knows now a days! I mean if you have nothing to hide then why not agree to it and let it be? Sounds funny to me, but we will see....

Comment

• Originally posted by FELiX STURM View Post
                      Nice answer!
                      LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X