Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to put an end to the "Manny put Cotto at a disadvantage with the weight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many damn whiney babies in here crying about 1 ****in pound made the difference in the fight. Using that excuse make you look like a hater, not a boxing fan. Cotto said himself the 145lb didn't make a difference! Cotto looked good the 1st round and I thought he was gonna give Pac competition. It turned out that Pac was just gauging his opponent. Cotto is a good boxer but Manny is a better boxer both mentally and physically.
    Last edited by SuperTrooper; 12-20-2009, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Cotto fan here pacquiao beats cotto 10 out of 10 times pre and post margarito (no shame in that either)

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        Lets stop defending Mayweather. Floyd is a little *****, simple as that. I hate to be disrespectful but the stuff Floyd is pulling is straight up WRONG.
        Fixed in the name of truth.

Comment

i correct myself 9 out of 10 cotto would win pre I think def. not post margarito. cotto was a better body puncher before the margs fight after it seems like he don't want to commit nomore to the damn body.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            First of all im a HUGE cotto fan...

manny pacquaio put on a clinic against cotto for no other reason then that pac is one of the greatest fighters ever. Weight had nothing to do with it; he is just on another level.
            More truth,a rarity in the current climate.

Comment

First no Cotto didnt have to take the fight. Manny and Roach didnt go in a twist his arm to sign the fight. He could have pursued more fights. Dont give me this can he really turn down that money. Yea he can if you dont feel comfortable fighting at a weight you dont sign the contract simple as that. Alot of people have done it. PBF signed the catchweight fight than paid the fine for coming in over the weight. Cotto lost the fight. You all picked Cotto to KTFO Manny before the fight. No one talked weight than.

If Cotto would have done what Manny did to him or KOed or TKOed him you wouldnt be talking about the weight. Cotto wouldnt of been weight drained he be talked about being the best P4P bc he beat the #1 P4P guy in the sport.

No one made Cotto sign the contract. Cotto made no excuses after the fight either. He said that Manny whooped him which he did fair and square. There is no shame in coming out and saying yes the weight loss affected me. But 1 pound didnt do it Im sorry. To make an excuse like that for your fight is just wrong. Cotto could have purused Floyd more since Floyd was talking about fighting the best. It would have been more money for him and it would have been at his weight.

You cant sit here and diss Manny and Roach for it. Hell maybe if Cotto turned it down we would see Manny Floyd sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
                Come get some suckers.

Come and get some!
                You not even had to post that stuff with numbers...

Of course it was fair... Cotto agreed to it... was it an advantage for Pacquiao who knows...

I will never understand these cats... do you also hate on other sport players or teams because they come prepared. Training is like preparing for a fight... and so are negotiations... if you ain't prepared and say everything is alright it's your fault...

DLH knew he had to come down to 47...

Cotto knew he had to come down to 45...

both fighters agreed to it... so of course it was fair...

it's the same with Marquez and Mayweather... do you thought he would fight him at 135... no, they agreed on a weight and that's it...

there are always two to a tango...

Cotto win is absolute 4 real... and everybody who knows boxing knew it pretty much before that Pacquiao had too much skill... 2 pounds doesn't change ****... if Cotto comes forward Pacquiao will move and bomb him... if Cotto boxes Pacquiao will pick him apart... to much speed for Cotto of hand and especially foot...

It was a great fight from Pacquiao who really did a number on Cotto like no one before... it wasn't even competive something that Cotto always was... Pacquiao is 4 real... let's see how he does against the BEST out there

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post

no one even mentioned Mayweather...the TS was talking about Cotto and Pac.

disappear.
                  Hugh Grant is a one trick pony and a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                    Hugh Grant is a one trick pony and a troll.
                    I say what everyone is thinking and tell it like it is. I may be hard but i am fair.
                    Pac getting Cotto to fight at a catchweight of 145lb is similar to a litter dropping crime. Police would ignore it and so should people ignore Pacs catchweight with cotto.

PBF on the other hand getting people to step up 2 divisions, is similar to a murder or rape crime. Police wouldnt ignore it so PBFs crimes should be talked about.

Comment

After watching the fight Cotto looked great at 145 and weight is not the reason he lost. However going into the fight the catchweight was a tactic Roach was using to give Pacquiao the advantage otherwise that fight would have taken place at 147 where it should have. I believe Pac would have beat Cotto at 147 and it's a shame they didn't fight there because it takes a tiny bit away from getting his 7th title.
                      Last edited by Rabbit ♠; 12-20-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X