Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is Calzaghe gonna give us some kind of explanation of why Kessler lost to Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Well nobody that I recall ever said they were great fighters, but they were top ranked in the division so it is what it is.

How about Lacy's?
    All that means is that the SMW division sucked. Because guess what? Just like Anthony Mundine was a top ranked super middle, so was Rubin Williams when Lacy fought him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      All that means is that the SMW division sucked. Because guess what? Just like Anthony Mundine was a top ranked super middle, so was Rubin Williams when Lacy fought him.
      So Lacy's resumé equals or even betters Kessler's?

Comment

I do think SMW sucked around that time and historically has always sucked. It's getting better now just based on this tourney alone.

Comment

No, I think Kessler is better than Lacy. I also don't think Kessler is that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            No, I think Kessler is better than Lacy. I also don't think Kessler is that good.
            Thank you.

Yeah let's face it. Kessler's rep took a blow (or a flying headbutt...) last weekend.

Comment

Thank you.

Yeah let's face it. Kessler's rep took a blow (or a flying headbutt...) last weekend.
              I legit laughed at that comment. hahaa
              Last edited by Lead Cenobite; 11-27-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• whoever gives calzaghe a tough fight by law is required to be in the hall of fame. kessler, kabery salem, sakio bika, byron mitchell.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  whoever gives calzaghe a tough fight by law is required to be in the hall of fame. kessler, kabery salem, sakio bika, byron mitchell.
                  **** you. Byron Mitchell = ATG.

Comment

• This post is for Ch@mpbox's last reply to me. Couldn't Calzaghe have moved up to Lightheavyweight instead of fighting a bunch of Euro stiffs since 175 was stronger than 168 even though 175 wasn't that great either? You had guys like Montell Griffin, Glen Johnson, Antonio Tarver, Reggie Johnson, Clinton Woods, and Julio Gonzalez. None of those guys are great fighters. But they are way better than Joe's pathetic line of ham and eggers. That's why I think Roy's resume gets unfairly criticized even though I admit there are some fighters he missed out on at 160 and 168. If Joe would've fought one of those fighters listed above, and came to the States to do it, it would've given Hopkins and Jones a reason to look his direction.
                    Last edited by Iceta; 11-27-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                      This post is for Ch@mpbox's last reply to me. Couldn't Calzaghe have moved up to Lightheavyweight instead of fighting a bunch of Euro stiffs since 175 was stronger than 168 even though 175 wasn't that great either. You had guys like Montell Griffin, Glen Johnson, Antonio Tarver, Reggie Johnson, Clinton Woods, and Julio Gonzalez. None of those guys are great fighters. But they are way better than Joe's pathetic line of ham and eggers. That's why I think Roy's resume gets unfairly criticized even though I admit there are some fighters he missed out on at 160 and 168. If Joe would've fought one of those fighters listed above, and came to the States to do it, it would've given Hopkins and Jones a reason to look his direction.
                      Especially since for years he claimed he was struggling to make 168.

Comment

Working...
                      X