Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins the legendary midget basher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMFAO Hopkins. He is the biggest cherry picker of the last decade - absolutely 100% without a doubt. Everytime he has fought someone decent and his own size he has lost (Mitchell, Jones, Taylor x2, Calzaghe).

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
      What does Pavlik weigh by fight-time?

How old was Pavlik....How old was Hopkins?

Tito won a title at 160.

So no "ATG" has ever faced opponents that had moved up through their careers and stamped them as a "name" on their resume to be called "ATG"?

But I hear what everybody is saying and I approve of this discussion.
      Pavlik had to move up 10 pounds to face him. he was MW champion not a 170pounder and who cares how old he was. Hopkins boxing age is pretty young since all he faces is little guys.

Who cares if Tito won title at 160? That was not his best weight.

Comment

The thing is: what alternative bigger guys did we want to have seen him fight?

Tito was the favourite in their fight if I remember correctly. If they didn't fight and Tito retired, I'm sure there would be loads of people saying B-Hop ducked him. Tito was the other best fighter @ 160 at that time so what was B-Hop supposed to do?

Who are the guys he didn't fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
          LMFAO Hopkins. He is the biggest cherry picker of the last decade - absolutely 100% without a doubt. Everytime he has fought someone decent and his own size he has lost (Mitchell, Jones, Taylor x2, Calzaghe).
          the mitchell loss should be ignored altogether
          defienetly not gonna help you win any arguments

personally tho i'd love to see that fight, no footage of it is there?

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
            really bad post, uninformative is what this is
            Those are facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Levcon8686 View Post
              The thing is: what alternative bigger guys did we want to have seen him fight?

Tito was the favourite in their fight if I remember correctly. If they didn't fight and Tito retired, I'm sure there would be loads of people saying B-Hop ducked him. Tito was the other best fighter @ 160 at that time so what was B-Hop supposed to do?

Who are the guys he didn't fight?
              Jones, Calzaghe and maybe Toney.

Comment

He's a wily old fox is our Bernard. The best WW champion that never was. Do we blame him for making smaller guys move up, or do we blame the smaller guys for not forcing him down. At the end of the day, Hopkins has names on his resume but has lost to a lot of the world class operators at his own size. Even feather fisters like Calzaghe made Hopkins dance, hug, play act, feign low blows and run away. Still, Pavlik was a good win and no-one can take that away from him. Even if it was 10 pounds over Pavlik's best weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pounding View Post
                  Those are facts.
                  what you said about robert allen, he's always fought at middleweight
                  where did those 'important' 4 pounds come from? he's liesure time?

most fighters aren't at fighting all year round

Comment

Originally posted by ani4ani View Post
                    He's a wily old fox is our Bernard. The best WW champion that never was. Do we blame him for making smaller guys move up, or do we blame the smaller guys for not forcing him down. At the end of the day, Hopkins has names on his resume but has lost to a lot of the world class operators at his own size. Even feather fisters like Calzaghe made Hopkins dance, hug, play act, feign low blows and run away. Still, Pavlik was a good win and no-one can take that away from him. Even if it was 10 pounds over Pavlik's best weight.
                    Thats a good one, im going to have to use that: Hopkins the imaginary ww champion.

Hopkins is smart his always using his head in fights, literally:

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSamurai View Post
                      Jones, Calzaghe and maybe Toney.
                      He fought a 25 year old Jones didn't he?

He fought Calzaghe in the end. When he was 43 mind you. He was at a bigger disadvantage fighting Joe when he did than if it had been earlier in his career, Joe moving up 7 pounds was a negligible advantage to B-Hop.

James Toney fought at cruiserweight and up from .......... 1997 onwards

Comment

Working...
                      X