No announcement yet.

Calzaghe fans are in damage control; legacy shattered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lyrical View Post
    he has never thought an opponent at his peak and i scored the Hopkins fight as an L
    Strong lack of punctuation and any credible points in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyde View Post
      Without shot 40+ year old fighters this is Calzaghes legendary resume:
      Jeff Lacy, Mikkell Kessler, Chris Eubank, Peter Manfredo Jr, Mario Veit(x2)
      Calzaghe resume isnt very good, I admit that but he beat Hopkins and when a shot Jones beats Hopkins, this what its going to look like:
      Calzaghe>Hopkins resume.

To tell the truth Hopkins was a bit past prime in his fight with Calzaghe after going life and death with the legendary Mercado (who should of won that fight).

Comment

Originally posted by lyrical View Post
        he has never thought an opponent at his peak and i scored the Hopkins fight as an L
        Neither has Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
          There is no doubt Calzaghe will end up in the HoF but a top50 (or whatever) ATG?

I don't think so... no.
          i have my doubts. i don't think the hall of fame should reward calzaghe and the way he conducted his entire career. rewarding calzaghe for never taking risks would encourage more fighters to do the same and would negatively affect boxing. i say punish him for all the ducking, lying, and the many disgraceful fights like manfredo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hater View Post
            The only shameful here is how Calzaghe was once labelled a HOFer. Calling him a ATG was more of a disgrace
            That is exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post

The same old bull**** being spouted with absolutely no substance behind it.
              I think he just laid out more substance than anyone would have to prove otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                i have my doubts. i don't think the hall of fame should reward calzaghe and the way he conducted his entire career. rewarding calzaghe for never taking risks would encourage more fighters to do the same and would negatively affect boxing. i say punish him for all the ducking, lying, and the many disgraceful fights like manfredo.
                ahhhhhhh the hate .

Comment

eubank coming off of 2 losses, hadn't won a meaningful fight in nearly 3 years and wasn't even in the top 10. this is a great win somehow for calzaghe.
                  He was coming off 2 wins by KO.

It was Calzaghe's first title fight, Eubank was a seasoned veteran who put in a performance better than he had shown in many years.

Good win for a young Calzaghe.

Comment

Calzaghe tried to make fights with Jones, Hopkins, Ottke and Taylor. He should of been more like your boy Hopkins and fought hobbits, elves and pixies instead.

Comment

I think there is something very important that the TS and the calzaghe haters are forgetting...no one really knows how good andre ward is!!!! He could go on to become a great fighter, maybe even an all-time great, also to consider is that ward is by far the worst style clash for kessler in the tourny, let it play it out, lets, see what happens before you idiots jump to the conclusion that kessler is a bad fighter.

Things to consider also are that fact that if you have followed calzaghe's career with enough attention you would know that he was definitely in physical decline by the time he fought kessler, he was maybe a smarter fighter, but I believe the joe that fought kessler was slower, and had awful hand trouble in comparison to the fighter that fought, eubank, reid, brewer, woodhall, mitchell.

Say what you will about the hopkins fight, you an bring up his age...the fact that it was a close decision...whatever. Fact is some of b-hop best performances came just before that fight, and even after. He has beaten some great fighters, some very one-sided (tarver, pavlik) but yet he couldn't dominate calzaghe, if anything he looked physically tired, was faking injury to buy himself time. I didn't see that when he fought tarver, pavlik, wright, and even the taylor losses.

This should tell you that joe calzaghe is a great fighter. I think the strongest calzaghe fans will tell you he has a modest resume, but to say his legacy is shattered because of what happened is beyond nonesense.

Comment

Working...
                      X