No announcement yet.

Calzaghe fans are in damage control; legacy shattered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wXh. View Post
    The difference is that Amir is just 22 so he still has PLENTY of years to define his legacy. Unlike Calzaghe who is already 37 and retired. calzaghe's resume is full of bums and shot fighters. Not to mention he only fought twice outside his own backyard. NEVER EVER mention Amir Khan in the same sentence with Joe Calslappy.
    Calzaghe didn't have to move division because he knocked out cold in the first round.

I like Khan but the only way he can keep unbeaten know if he keeps his chin covered at all times and runs like marathon runner for the twelve rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverSamurai View Post
      Calzaghe made his money and retired with his health and money in the bank, what more does he need to do. There are of course certain fights that were never made, although I dont blame him for not going to Germany to fight Ottke thats for sure.
      I dont understand where all the hate is coming from, dudes been retired for almost a year.
      That would be because of his fan base as I've explained to you before.

Comment

• Why are people branding other posters as racist and European fighter haters if we don't like Calzaghe? There are plenty of European fighters I respect. I like Tomasz Adamek. I even still like Mikkel Kessler for the most part even though he acted like a ***** after the fight was over with on the whining. Kessler pretty much personifies the opposite career path of Calzaghe, and that's why I respect him. When did Calzaghe ever cross the pond to face an undefeated fighter in their prime? Now some people may take that as double standards because a lot of people are referring to Ward as a green, 20 fight prospect. But the fact that Calzaghe had no interest in going outside of his comfort element and fight top fighters like Hatton did as well is why he gets zero respect over here. And rightfully so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta View Post
          Why are people branding other posters as racist and European fighter haters if we don't like Calzaghe? There are plenty of European fighters I respect. I like Tomasz Adamek. I even still like Mikkel Kessler for the most part even though he acted like a ***** after the fight was over with on the whining. Kessler pretty much personifies the opposite career path of Calzaghe, and that's why I respect him. When did Calzaghe ever cross the pond to face an undefeated fighter in their prime? Now some people may take that as double standards because a lot of people are referring to Ward as a green, 20 fight prospect. But the fact that Calzaghe had no interest in going outside of his comfort element and fight top fighters like Hatton did as well is why he gets zero respect over here. And rightfully so.
          Im pretty sure that in the last 5 years or so Kessler has only fought outside denmark 4 or 5 times, and of those one was Ward (relatively green), and the other was Haussler (total nobody). I would hardly call him the posterboy of travelling overseas to fight.

Comment

Working...
          X