Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe fans are in damage control; legacy shattered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe's an ATG dish. That's all i got to say!

Comment

I totally agree. Calzaghe is a fraud and one of the most overrated Hall of Famers in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSamurai View Post
        Every fighters resume can get critized for example:

Without the little guys this is Hopkins legendary resume:
        13 losses Johnson, 18 losses Brown, Hakkar, Vanderpool, Lipsey, Allen*3, Echols*2, Mercado, Eastman, Bo james and now he is risking everything by fighting the legendary Ornelias.
        Without shot 40+ year old fighters this is Calzaghes legendary resume:
        Jeff Lacy, Mikkell Kessler, Chris Eubank, Peter Manfredo Jr, Mario Veit(x2)

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

WHAT A ****ING JOKE OF A RESUME

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
          Calzaghe won. What's you point?
          He did get the decision, and about 50% of boxing fans agreed with it. If that's what floats your boats, so be it, but the criticism stands as a result.

Originally posted by z0jo View Post
          americans never give credit to fighters outside thier own country, it's honestly getting embarrasing how unobjective they are.

according to them every american fighter is an atg and everyone else is just bums.
          Strawman.

Lennox Lewis, Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank are just a few that come to mind that were legitimate champions and got plenty of credit worldwide. Guess why?

Comment

Originally posted by Lights0ut View Post
            He did get the decision, and about 50% of boxing fans agreed with it. If that's what floats your boats, so be it, but the criticism stands as a result.

Strawman.

Lennox Lewis, Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank are just a few that come to mind that were legitimate champions and got plenty of credit worldwide. Guess why?
            You're claiming strawman yet you're pulling figures out of your arse.

Comment

Hang on.

Ward is lauded for beating Kessler, and Calzaghe ridiculed. How does that fly? Calzaghe beat (sorry, that should be schooled) the undefeated, double champion Kessler and laid the blueprint for other fighters to follow. Ward admitted watching the Calzaghe's victory and in particular the movement, speed and pressure strategy that Calzaghe used.

I'm not denigrating Ward's win. It was a fantastic performance from a young fighter. Kudos to him, and he won a new fan in me... But these threads hating on Calzaghe are just pathetic. It makes me question whether the thread starters are actually boxing fans at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hater View Post
                Lacy win is meaningless, doesn’t matter who you beat a person. It matters WHO you beat.
                10 years and what do we have.

Lacy
                Eubank(Past his prime and weight drained)
                Kessler
                Hopkins(Questionable SD)
                RJJ(Ko’d by Tarver and Johnson)
                Originally posted by Hyde View Post
                So was Sven Ottke whats your point? Sven Ottke also had 21 title defences just like slappy so I guess Ottke must be an ATG right?
                Calzaghe isnt an ATG.

Calzaghe doesnt have the most out standing resume, but its ridiculous to rubbish is whole career based on Kessler losing to Ward.

The stupid thing is u call Lacy green, yet Calzaghe was what, in his prime, against Eubank?
                Thats whats called biased stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by ani4ani View Post
                  Hang on.

Ward is lauded for beating Kessler, and Calzaghe ridiculed. How does that fly? Calzaghe beat (sorry, that should be schooled) the undefeated, double champion Kessler and laid the blueprint for other fighters to follow. Ward admitted watching the Calzaghe's victory and in particular the movement, speed and pressure strategy that Calzaghe used.

I'm not denigrating Ward's win. It was a fantastic performance from a young fighter. Kudos to him, and he won a new fan in me... But these threads hating on Calzaghe are just pathetic. It makes me question whether the thread starters are actually boxing fans at all.
                  Of course Calzaghe is ridiculed. Ward had an easier time with Kessler than Calzaghe. Are you also forgetting the part that Ward is green and it was his 21st fight?

Comment

Haters will be haters regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post

The same old bull**** being spouted with absolutely no substance behind it.
                      I knew the "Calzaghe legacy" threads would emerge immediately after Ward's win...

Comment

Working...
                      X