Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe fans are in damage control; legacy shattered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I definitely agree that Calzaghe's best win was beating Kessler, and Andre Ward basically destroyed Kessler in a way Calzaghe didn't. Kessler had his moments against Calzaghe. He never touched Ward and never came close to winning a single round.

So now Calzaghe's best win is edging out a 43-year-old Hopkins by a couple of points just because he threw more punches? Wow.

Originally, I said Calzaghe was one of the top 20 of the last 20 years. Now, I don't think he fits in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hater View Post
      I clearly remember, let’s not forget Kessler ducked Dawson and Edison M
      Kasslarrrr hs fought bums since Calzaghe beat him

Comment

• Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
        I definitely agree that Calzaghe's best win was beating Kessler, and Andre Ward basically destroyed Kessler in a way Calzaghe didn't. Kessler had his moments against Calzaghe. He never touched Ward and never came close to winning a single round.

So now Calzaghe's best win is edging out a 43-year-old Hopkins by a couple of points just because he threw more punches? Wow.

Originally, I said Calzaghe was one of the top 20 of the last 20 years. Now, I don't think he fits in there.
        LOL. How the hell did you figure that out?

Winning on "activity" vs B-hop?

Beating Kasslarrrr? (Who did he ever beat?)

Beating Lacy (overhyped bum)

Beating Roy Jones washed up Corpse?

Beating Eubanks weight drained corpse?

Maybe it was his stunning war with Mger mrgrhghghrchcchfherhehnnfhhcc that caught your eye, I dunno.

Comment

• Garbage, dude should of got docked at least two points in this fight for excessive clinching and headbutting

Comment

• The stupidity of this thread hurts my brain

If hopkins hadnt faked low blows for time the fight may have gone differently.

He made RJJ look like a complete dunce. RJJ was old but hes still fighting, Calzaghe has retired.

He beat Kessler in Europe (has Kessler fought at all recently in the states) and if you werent so damn biased you could argue that he ruined Kessler, a man who was previously undefeated and probably felt invincible.

I dont think that Calzaghe belongs in the halls of greatness with people like ali or Robinson, but to say he sucked just makes you look stupid.
            Last edited by robn0id; 11-24-2009, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
              I definitely agree that Calzaghe's best win was beating Kessler, and Andre Ward basically destroyed Kessler in a way Calzaghe didn't. Kessler had his moments against Calzaghe. He never touched Ward and never came close to winning a single round.

I'd love to see that list? Calzaghe easily slots into the top 20 of the last 20 years.

Comment

• Calzaghe is the most overrated HOFer in boxing history !!

Comment

• Originally posted by wXh. View Post
                  Calzaghe is the most overrated HOFer in boxing history !!
                  The irony of someone accusing a boxer of being overrated while he has a pic of Amir Khan in his sig is amusing

Comment

• Seriously,the racism on this site is unbelievable. Kessler isnt the same fighter today. Triangular theories,and those that subscribe to them,simply serve to highlight the intense stupidity and self serving racism that constantly blight this forum.

Comment

• HE HE at least you realise what you are., unlike some others around here.

Originally posted by Hater View Post
                      Calzaghe fans are in damage control. Calzaghe’s best win was schooled by a young green American fighter and which made it worse that he stopped Calzaghe. This goes to show Calzaghe’s best “win” is over a 43 year old Hopkins who knocked down and won in a disputed fight

Eubank win
                      Eubank was 4-2 coming into this fight. He was planning to fight at 175 for the WBC title, but his opponent pulled out and had the chance to fight Calzaghe. He took the fight at short notice. He entered a 2 week weight draining regime to make weight and fought like a drained man. Eubank never won after this

Lacy win
                      Calzaghe’s win over Lacy means nothing. Lacy has been beaten on by everyone. Lacy doesn’t even have a career defining win. JT, and **** RJJ beat him with ease

Kessler
                      Hopkins was right, Kessler who?? Kessler best win today is he win over Mundine, that’s correct Mundine. He hasn’t beat anyone of note as of yet and could go through the Super Six winless. This is Calzaghe so called career defining win. Yet Calzaghe fought Kessler who had a broken hand and won a decision. A green Ward fought a healthy Kessler and stopped him. Kessler is not a good win now. Froch has a better resume

Hopkins
                      Age 42 at the time of the bout. Many people scored it for Hopkins and was a controversial win by Calzaghe. Also add to the fact he was knocked by Hopkins and hurt. Calzaghe’s real best win is technically a lost

RJJ
                      Tarverx2 and Johnson

No point writing anymore really

Calzaghe legacy is in shatters; the so called HOF is now seen as a fraud

Comment

Working...
                      X