Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is great for the sport of boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
    Some people say boxing is a "dying" sport, but like Jim Lampley says it's just been declining in the US. It seems to me that just about every casual sports fan on the planet knows who Manny Pacquiao is!

I remember when some people called De La Hoya vs. Mayweather "the fight to save boxing", but I felt that was ridiculous, since I could hardly stay awake watching it...

But everybody who saw Manny Pacquiao fight Oscar was impressed! It left an impression in their minds, something like "this is someone I want to watch again". And Manny's brutal KO of the four-year Ring champion at light welterweight, Ricky Hatton, must have left people with a similar feeling about Pacquiao as they had about Mike Tyson in the late 80s. People who are not serious boxing fans, in the same sense as we on boxingscene are, they ARE EXCITED about this guy and want to know when Manny's next fight is!
    exactly, and the American Media aren't big fans of international boxers getting mainstream success.

Comment

Some people say boxing is a "dying" sport, but like Jim Lampley says it's just been declining in the US. It seems to me that just about every casual sports fan on the planet knows who Manny Pacquiao is!

I remember when some people called De La Hoya vs. Mayweather "the fight to save boxing", but I felt that was ridiculous, since I could hardly stay awake watching it...

But everybody who saw Manny Pacquiao fight Oscar was impressed! It left an impression in their minds, something like "this is someone I want to watch again". And Manny's brutal KO of the four-year Ring champion at light welterweight, Ricky Hatton, must have left people with a similar feeling about Pacquiao as they had about Mike Tyson in the late 80s. People who are not serious boxing fans, in the same sense as we on boxingscene are, they ARE EXCITED about this guy and want to know when Manny's next fight is!
      Boxing has not had a fighter since Tyson that has been such a household name until Manny Pacquiao. He fights with an explosive style and is willing to go to war to win. You wont hear anyone with a brain say they dont enjoy watching him fight or that hes a boring fighter. Good thread TS!

Comment

If Cotto was well promoted by Arum, he'd be a superstar. There was not enough hype for the Mosley and Zab fights. Cotto is as entertaining as Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
          If Cotto was well promoted by Arum, he'd be a superstar. There was not enough hype for the Mosley and Zab fights. Cotto is as entertaining as Pacquiao.
          I cant argue the Fact that Cotto is a great fighter. His resume speaks for its self. But... with all do respect...In NO way is he more entertaining than Pacquiao. Come on now...really!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            I cant argue the Fact that Cotto is a great fighter. His resume speaks for its self. But... with all do respect...In NO way is he more entertaining than Pacquiao. Come on now...really!
            He is not more entertaining, they're equal. Both never clinch and both look for a KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
              No question about his greatness. I'm a big fan of his. It's just that he's somewhat of an introvert. He can't seem to play the crowd.

Whatever, I got Cotto each fight, except for this one time when he's fighting Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Duarte View Post
                i guess you mean the second george. the first george was a bad person. he even said it.
                George Foreman was a good man, a Christian who was pastor of his own congregation. Like Manny, he would give thanks to God for his successes. He helped many young people get back on the right track in life.

Comment

well thats false, in the philipines and maybe america to some extent Manny Pacquiao is famous for casual fans but in the rest of the world he is only famous to boxing fans. Nobody where I live has heard of Manny Pacquiao. But I agree though, he is great for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyde View Post
                    well thats false, in the philipines and maybe america to some extent Manny Pacquiao is famous for casual fans but in the rest of the world he is only famous to boxing fans. Nobody where I live has heard of Manny Pacquiao. But I agree though, he is great for boxing.
                    People in most of the world, for example Latin America and many in UK/Europe, know who Manny Pacquiao is.

Comment

People in most of the world, for example Latin America and many in UK/Europe, know who Manny Pacquiao is.
                      I live in the UK by the way, do you seriously think that if you would ask just some random people of the street who Manny Pacquiao is in say countries like Sweden, Russia, France, Italy, Russia etc etc they would know who he is? People barely even know who he is in the U.S. how do you expect people in countries that barely even follow boxing at all to know him?

Comment

Working...
                      X