Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BE HONEST: Have you seen mainstream buzz for "Firepower"? Not NSB...mainstream!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    there was no buzz at all for marg/cotto but it did great numbers, so sometimes just names alone are good enough. i watched marg/cotto with my mexican girlfriend and had a great time. Although truthfully its kind of humiliating having a mexican rub it in your puerto rican born mothers face about cotto.
    Marg-Cotto did not do "great numbers".

Comment

i was in turkey a week ago. and i heard someone talking about pacq and cotto.

Comment

Iv'e been seeing quite a few commercials, like on espn and stuff. On sherdog almost all of the mma guys are really interested in it, and thats saying something....

Comment

I have not seen any of the mainstream media talk about the fight as much. But, Casual fans has asked for my opinion about the fight. I know casual fans who really want to see this fight. And, I have non boxing friend telling me about Pac being on Jimmy Kimmel. And, now they are interested in watching him. So I think there is a buzz for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by oaklandstephen View Post
            manny went on jimmy kimmel show last night talkin about the fight.
            Yes, he did.

It is unfortunate that Jimmy Kimmel is the lowest rated of the late night shows, and it comes on after midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
              Marg-Cotto did not do "great numbers".
              Yes it did, considering margarito is not known outside of hardcore/mexican circles and cotto has no real name outside of the east coast. 500k is great IMO. When you consider that 500k is better than:

Mayweather Baldomir 350k
              Judah Mayweather 375k
              Mayweather Gatti 350k

I dont want to hear that ****. And im easily one of mayweathers biggest apologists on here and one of his most loyal fans, but i aint in the mood for that **** today.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                there was no buzz at all for marg/cotto but it did great numbers, so sometimes just names alone are good enough. i watched marg/cotto with my mexican girlfriend and had a great time. Although truthfully its kind of humiliating having a mexican rub it in your puerto rican born mothers face about cotto.
                War wounds my ******. You'll be aight.

"homies who love boxing" are boxing fans. But as the question asked....outside of boxing circles.
                I thought you meant anything beyond HBO man. But speakin of which, everybody at work who got HBO knows about the fight. Whether or not they gonna buy it or not I dunno. But in talkin to coworkers who do watch boxing, non fans have chimed in and said they seen it and know it's goin down.

Comment

One of my friends at the gym said he can't wait but outside of the boxing gym I don't know too many people who like boxing very much period...they only watch for brutal knockouts...

Comment

It was advertised just an hour ago during the commercial break on The O'reily Factor......

Comment

Ten days away from the fight...have you seen the buzz, excitement, anticipation, buzz, etc that a fight of this magnitude deserves?

Where - outside of boxing circles - have you seen indications that the casuals, non-fans, and , mainstreamers have caught on?
                      I think its only you and some Floyd die hard fans who haven't seen and heard it. Perhaps its because your are blind or you do have a Hearing impairment..

Comment

Working...
                      X