Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BE HONEST: Have you seen mainstream buzz for "Firepower"? Not NSB...mainstream!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
    Ten days away from the fight...have you seen the buzz, excitement, anticipation, buzz, etc that a fight of this magnitude deserves?

Where - outside of boxing circles - have you seen indications that the casuals, non-fans, and , mainstreamers have caught on?
    ESPN will remember this fight a couple days before it happens, then the casual fans will start coming out of the wood work.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      You're talking the United states though. I have no doubt the "buzz" is deafening in the Philippines and Puerto Rico. As much as I'd like to say I am missing your point, I see it for what it is. Take in all the facts facts though my man, not just what you think you're seeing.
      1) Pacquiao CONSISTENTLY gets 20 million viewers in the Philippines for his fights
      2) Puerto Rico has just a few million people and is generally boxing-crazed.

I already know what's going on in beautiful Puerto Rico and on the former military base.

Comment

• [QUOTE=kocface;6537817] i work in a restaurant in a rich whilte town and MOST my co workers r WHITE [/ QUOTE]

We are talking about people with real jobs, though. People who can afford PPV's.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Al Haymon;6539771]
          Originally posted by kocface View Post
          i work in a restaurant in a rich whilte town and MOST my co workers r WHITE [/ QUOTE]

We are talking about people with real jobs, though. People who can afford PPV's.
          lol, that's harsch dude

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
            From my side in the UK the buzz isnt great for the Pacquiao/Cotto fight even though they would be showing it for free on SKYSPORTS. I think because of David Haye's fight coming up SKY has been more into promoting/adverting that fight more than the Pac-cotto fight.
            Is that tape-delay or live at 5am?

Comment

• surprisingly, i've had more than a handful of people (casual observers) at work, bring up the fight...even at the bar last night....the topic wasn't the laker win or the yankee title clincher, rather it was about the fight...and that was without me starting on the subject

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                Is that tape-delay or live at 5am?
                Haye and Valuev is getting more hype. Haye is from the UK and Sky are investing in him it seems as a next PPV star.

I believe that the general public here aren't interested in this fight, but then neither was Floyd VS Marquez.

Boxing is sadly losing it's appeal here when it coems to non UK fighters.

Comment

• Yes. I only have 33 channels and I have seen a commercial for it multiple times.

Comment

• Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                    ESPN will remember this fight a couple days before it happens, then the casual fans will start coming out of the wood work.
                    That is likely true. ESPN does tend to withhold coverage until close-in, and then they give First Take appearances, etc.

The only risk is that the timing isn't long enough to get the fan engaged and to build momentum.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                      Yes. I only have 33 channels and I have seen a commercial for it multiple times.
                      Do you understand the difference between buzz and marketing? It doesn't appear so.

Comment

Working...
                      X