Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RA the Rugged Man Vs Floyd Mayweather on Shade 45 (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by happyman View Post
    lol damn Floyd got ethered, thanks for bumping this
    Can't nobody say **** now though. Mayweather has some good fights since that interview. I want to see what RA would say today if they talked again.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      I don't mind Floyd having a tune-up to shed some rust. It's what he does next that's his defining moment. There cannot be any excuses any more.
      You know, this is exactly how I felt. I considered the Marquez bout a tune-up and believed he had to take on a serious, top welter opponent that represented a legitimate threat after him. As it turns out, the Marquez fight will go down as much much more than just a warmup. And the man who everyone in this thread felt Floyd was scared of was his next opponent. For some reason people on here like to write it off but the Mosley win, particularly in the manner in which it was done, was highly impressive and a great win on Floyd's resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
        Castillo gave Mayweather fits. Margarito is bigger and has a similar style. High workrate, power, bigger, great stamina, and an amazing chin.
        To be fair - and I like that comparison - Castillo had a much better jab than Margarito, as well as better footwork and speed and was as powerful and tough. He was a much crisper boxer than Margarito and, while Tony was a formidable inside fighter, years of sparring with Julio Cesar Chavez taught Castillo all the nuances of that aspect of the game.

The championship rounds of Mayweather-Castillo I are a pleasure to watch and also show how valuable Roger Mayweather's boxing acumen is. The momentum had completely turned in Castillo's favor and Floyd was on his heels. And instead of telling Floyd to box more or whatever, Roger told Floyd to stand his ground and combat Castillo on the inside. The next round (11?) featured an excellent display of in-fighting from both fighters.

Comment

• Yeah RA is looking pretty dumb now. Mayweather killed Mosley.

Comment

• Originally posted by lennie paz View Post
            Another stupid statement from an ignorant person.I guess if you like Hip Hop you can't know anything about boxing?If RA knew nothing about boxing,why would he get a book deal to write a book about boxing and Dougie Fischer is co-writing the book with him.I guess Dougie knows nothing about boxing too since he's friends with RA who is a Hip Hop artist?
            he obviously doesn't the only words he used was ducking, and didnt have all the facts, How a man gonna tell another man how much he made or got paid against certain opponents.

These are the same type of people blaming mayweather or ignoring MP mishaps during the negotiations when the fight was destined to get made which wasnt't gonna happen anyway. As long as MP is on TR there will not be any fight

Comment

• Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
              Can't nobody say **** now though. Mayweather has some good fights since that interview. I want to see what RA would say today if they talked again.
              they won't they gone silent, brian kenny even flipped flopped, so has dan rafael, and dan rafael used to slander the **** out of mayweather on ESPN

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                To be fair - and I like that comparison - Castillo had a much better jab than Margarito, as well as better footwork and speed and was as powerful and tough. He was a much crisper boxer than Margarito and, while Tony was a formidable inside fighter, years of sparring with Julio Cesar Chavez taught Castillo all the nuances of that aspect of the game.

The championship rounds of Mayweather-Castillo I are a pleasure to watch and also show how valuable Roger Mayweather's boxing acumen is. The momentum had completely turned in Castillo's favor and Floyd was on his heels. And instead of telling Floyd to box more or whatever, Roger told Floyd to stand his ground and combat Castillo on the inside. The next round (11?) featured an excellent display of in-fighting from both fighters.
                Yup. Really respect how Roger kept it real with Floyd and told him to stand his ground and fight because he knew it was a close fight.

Comment

• This interview is legendary, they should get Ra to interview him again.

Don't act like you wouldn't be glued to it flomos!

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

Castillo is just a flat out smarter boxer than Margarito imo.

Comment

• Mayweather really does need to fight Shane.

Comment

Working...
                      X