No announcement yet.

Carl Froch Edges Andre Dirrell With Split Call Verdict

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odawg View Post
    this is the email i wanted to send to steve bunce as he was saying all night during the programme to do so: Im writing this because I am huge boxing fan, and i am british and was born in the UK, and i can say Dirrell clearly won the fight, this is and absoloute disgrace to boxing. I know my email wont be read out but anyone who knows anything about boxing knows this was a disgrace, im horrified. Steve Bunce you have double standards, you say that oh its boxing let carl fight dirty, then complain about Dirrell holding. I did not pay 15pound to watch someone get screwed out of the title, this is not right, im a boxer and we dont train so hard for these fights for this to happen. What fight were you watching, this is worse then paulie v diaz,much worse dirrell won almost every round. Thats the truth. You could tell whenever dirrell won a round the commentators would be like oh thats hard to score,even at the end they was like maybe the judges will think you need to clearly dominate a champion aka really beat him to win. This was a terrible decision.
    Co-signed and I know Froch is a confident and proud champion but he knows he probably lost I thought that bravado at the end of the fight was completely delusional.

Comment

I hadn't seen much for Dirrell but my respect for him as went up greatly. I also thought he clearly won the fight....Froch says he can only fight whats infront of him.......well he tried all night and Dirrell was never infront of him - he punched air all night. Was such a joke of a decision.

As for Dirrell vs Abraham....Abraham has MUCH better defense than Froch does. However Dirrell is a good counterpuncher and thats where Abraham is vulnerable to getting hit.

Froch has no chance of winning this tournament. Seriously.

Comment

i am from the UK but i thought Dirrel won that fight....but then he was very negative at times....and if your gonna win a world title you've got to win it big....he was trying to steal it at times...he said he didn't know why the ref took a point but he was like a sailor holding on to a mast at times....you cant win a title like in the eyes of judges!
        That being said IMO Dirrel won that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
          Dirrell beat him easily and hurt him badly in the 10th and the UK commentators hardly pointed that out, Froch's legs totally went.

I am so outraged.
          LOL Bunce had Froch by 2/3 LMAO

Based on what? the mofo never landed anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2009 View Post
            Abraham destroys Taylor

Froch wins a split decision over Andre "run and hold like a *****" Dirrell
            Says a klitchko fan STFU *****.. that 7ft robot ran like a little girl against arreola..

Comment

This was a terrible fight all around. Froch didn't throw or land anything worth talking about and Dirrell ran and held the whole fight. No one gave anyone a boxing clinic. Smh. AA and Kessler got this because these clowns are trash. Not sure how Dirrell gave Froch a boxing clinic when he was running and holding all night. NEITHER MAN SHOULD GET A W. BOTH SHOULD RECEIVE NEGATIVE POINTS FOR MAKING PEOPLE SIT THROUGH THAT FOOLISHNESS. Looked like an amateur fight. Smh.

Comment

If you do not knock out a guy in his home town he will get the decision almost evertime.

The only time Froch landed is when they were on the inside and they were punches on the back of the head. Straight up he only landed a few punches outside of his dirty boxing.

I knew this would happen. Boxing is a joke and notorious for terrible decisions. Nothing I saw surprised me today.

Comment

Direll won even with the stupid point deduction, i just cant believe it. Froch did NOTHING

Comment

if it was a normal fight, dirrell wins hands down.
                    but for a championship fight, he didn't deserve to be crown champion after that performance IMO.

Comment

117 dirrell 111 froch. and how the hell dirrell got a point deducted, i dont know, its froch who should have, how many times did he rabbit punch/hit on the break? the ref was shook of the crowd, seriously boxing needs a shake up this cant go on, we need a new sactioning body (trust me we do) one that everyone respects and sees as the real deal, so the rest just seem obsolete, one that makes sure its fighters a protected from this, dirrell now has a loss on his record that shouldnt be there, yes froch is a brawler and that can be entertaining and yes his mouth is funny and sells fights, but hes just ordinary, he couldnt catch dirrell at all, the guys like a young ali i swear remember i said hell be a star! anyone who disagrees withanything i say is out of there mind go watch the fight on you tube when it gets posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X