Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch Edges Andre Dirrell With Split Call Verdict

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect example why most American boxers refused to fight in Europe. Dirrell put on a boxing clinic. If you had Froch winning more than 3 rounds you are only kidding yourself. This robbery was almost worse as Pernell Whitaker vs. Jose Luis Ramirez

Comment

Dirrell beat him easily and hurt him badly in the 10th and the UK commentators hardly pointed that out, Froch's legs totally went.

I am so outraged.

Comment

History repeats itself. You need to knock the champ down or out to win the fight? Leaving it up to the judges is always risky.

Comment

115-112 Dirrel in my book Froch didn't land anything of any consequence in the fight I actually couldve seen it 116-111 even with the point deduction. It was relatively close but it annoyed the crap out of me that Bernstein kept seeing it was a very close fight despite never giving examples of Froch doing anything. It was a minor robbery in my opinion, people like to hate on guys who'd rather not get hit its the same people that can't wait for Floyd Mayweather to loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs077 View Post
            I had it 115-112 Froch Dirrell should have been busier
            That's some funny shi!.. Froch should have been busier. Dirrell won that fight going away...What a hometown decision.

Comment

this is the email i wanted to send to steve bunce as he was saying all night during the programme to do so: Im writing this because I am huge boxing fan, and i am british and was born in the UK, and i can say Dirrell clearly won the fight, this is and absoloute disgrace to boxing. I know my email wont be read out but anyone who knows anything about boxing knows this was a disgrace, im horrified. Steve Bunce you have double standards, you say that oh its boxing let carl fight dirty, then complain about Dirrell holding. I did not pay 15pound to watch someone get screwed out of the title, this is not right, im a boxer and we dont train so hard for these fights for this to happen. What fight were you watching, this is worse then paulie v diaz,much worse dirrell won almost every round. Thats the truth. You could tell whenever dirrell won a round the commentators would be like oh thats hard to score,even at the end they was like maybe the judges will think you need to clearly dominate a champion aka really beat him to win. This was a terrible decision.

Comment

dirrell seemed afraid of froch,just holding and holding...funny how he said leaning,lol..but oh well,i think abraham will ko him though

Comment

Dirrell clearly won the fight to me.

Froch landed about two clean blows the whole night where Dirrell was more active and more accurate in most of the rounds.

Dirrell started strong and finished strong, he deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by TailorMade View Post
                    I had it 6-5-1......Froch...

Too much holding, and too much running...

I had it 114 -113 Froch....
                    You dont have a clue!! how to score a fight, tell me do you actually score what lands?

How do you win a fight on dry humping, rabbit punching & direction of motion ? because thats the only thing Froch did. You could count on one hand the clean shots Froch landed.

Dirrell was the only one landing clean effective punches in that fight and that is the only criteria that matters when scoring a fight, get a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      dirrell seemed afraid of froch,just holding and holding...funny how he said leaning,lol..but oh well,i think abraham will ko him though
                      Afraid??? He was the only fighter landing meaningful punches.. That was a robbery PERIOD!!

Comment

Working...
                      X